Steam to See Big Update Next Month

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Steam to See Big Update Next Month

Valve is bringing some console-like services to its online service that will be free for its users.

Valve's online game verification and distribution network, Steam, is slated for a significant update next month, one that will bring its 13 million-strong user base a set of features akin to those available on the Xbox 360 and promoted by Windows Live.

Steam users will be able to create and modify their own pages and profiles, cluster in groups, review summaries of opponents they have played, schedule games with others, and participate in text and voice chat, Valve claimed in a press release [http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=news&id=1093&cc=US].

The service will be accessible through the standard Steam client and will be free of charge - setting it apart from Microsoft's offering.

Bruce Edwards

Feb 17, 2010
Dear Valve;

Please stop being so awesome. You are making yourself a monopoly by constantly offering so much value and quality.

Love,

Bruce.

PS - I don't really mean it. If you ever get too big, Google will decide to compete with you, so it's all good.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
LightOfDarkness said:
WHY WOULD YOU BUMP A 3 YEAR OLD THREAD
Yeah, I actually thought this was an update for next month, kinda sad that it turned out to be about 3 years old.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
SlainPwner666 said:
Yeah, I actually thought this was an update for next month, kinda sad that it turned out to be about 3 years old.
Haha. Same. But after I started reading, I thought to myself, "Don't we already have this?"

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Mr.Tea said:
SlainPwner666 said:
LightOfDarkness said:
WHY WOULD YOU BUMP A 3 YEAR OLD THREAD
But, while reading this "news", did this not occur to you: "wait, this sounds an awful lot exactly like Steam Community"?
Well, I was actually talking about the title. I realized that after reading, checked the date, and palm met face so hard it's a wonder I didn't break my nose.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Valve,

Thanks again

Thedayrecker

Anything newer than 3 yr old news?

EDIT: Wait I got this too: