Wal-Mart Rules

APVarney

Writer and game designer
Aug 15, 2006
Wal-Mart Rules

Even if you don't shop there, or even live near one, the retail giant Wal-Mart has probably affected your life in some way. Allen Varney discusses the Wal-Mart Effect on the gaming industry, and how parts of the industry are trying to break free.

Nazrel

May 16, 2008
Does this mean Wal-Mart is responsible for Namco cutting all the blood out off Xenosaga EP 3?

All this time I just blamed the politicians.

Well I'm gonna continue to not shop there.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Wal-Mart is evil. It is non-union,it is the biggest importer of foreign goods,and is crippling local economies. If you are an American, you shouldn't fucking shop at Chin-I mean Wal-Mart.

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
Aries_Split said:
Wal-Mart is evil. It is non-union,it is the biggest importer of foreign goods,and is crippling local economies. If you are an American, you shouldn't fucking shop at Chin-I mean Wal-Mart.
Sure, but buying a brand name product at Walmart is the same as buying it at Target. it's not like Playschool toys are magically made in China just because they are at Walmart. The issue is bigger than Walmart, they are just an easier target because they are so prevelant and they are capitalizing the most off of the current global economic strucuture.

i avoid Walmart like the plague simply because they do not cater to my personal taste. However, when it comes to baby forumla and a can of pringles I could care less.

Oh, and when it comes to growers and farmers, Trader Joes is far more evil than Walmart.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
They didn't even have Bioshock, I went to Target and got it. I hate Wal Mart and try to avoid it.

I HATE Wal Mart.
HATE.

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
that sounds about right. Wal-Mart is a corporate monster that tries to control everyones lives whether they work there or not. I Work There. its suks. they treat their employees like pieces of meat ready for a tenderizing (a beating)and have no respect for their follow worker. and now whats even worse is that they are controlling everyones entertainment....WTF? the video games are about a person or company that have a vision and wants to target an audience and entertain them. Wal-Mart wants to censor that? thats like trying to censor a campaign speech, once you take out the stuff you don't want to hear your left with a mere fraction of the whole product. anyway, i could go on, but i would take up the entire thread doing so. I'll Leave you with this thought, WAL-MART SUKS.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
As much as I hate how everything is net-based these days [http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-making-you-miserable.html], downloads seem to be the thing that can defeat this stranglehold on the industry.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I think this might have gained new relevance since the Black Friday incident...