Print The Escapist, Read it Anywhere

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Print The Escapist, Read it Anywhere

We're pleased to introduce our print page feature.

Look, we don't really want to know what you're doing when you read The Escapist. Nor do we want to know what you're wearing or who you're thinking about. We're good without any of that information.

But we do want to make it easier for you to read our stuff wherever you happen to be, whether at the computer or away from it. Which is why we're pleased to introduce our print page feature.

At the left of every full text of the article [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_112/1374-World-of-New-Darkness], sans advertisements, directly to your printer. Then you can read it ... anywhere. Enjoy!

Andrew Armstrong

Aug 21, 2007
Why do the links still need to be highlighted in a print version? I never understood that, those really ruin the effect of the piece when read on a piece of paper ;) (Them being there is fine, maybe mouse over only, but CSS can hide the link visually from printouts).

Good feature to re-add in again (as the PDF's could be printed out before ;) ). I hope that The Escapist, when needed, the images included in an article appear in the print version too (Graphs and the like).

I agree too, a PDF downloadable version being made available again for offline reading would be good :) (Maybe with printing the articles formatted in a good way to PDFcreator or something?)

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
We're looking for an efficient, aesthetically-pleasing way to generate a PDF from the current format. It's still on the list, have no fear. Until we can make that happen, however, we offer this.