Gears of War for Windows Goes Gold

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Gears of War for Windows Goes Gold

Microsoft Game Studios has announced that Gears of War [http://gearsofwar.com/] for Windows has gone gold.

Developed by Brumak [http://www.epicgames.com/]beast, three new multiplayer maps and a "King of the Hill" multiplayer game. An included game editor will allow Windows players to generate unlimited new levels for even more action.

The game will support either mouse and keyboard controls or a Windows-enabled Xbox 360 controller. Rated M (Mature), Gears of War [http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Brumak] for Windows will hit the shelves on November 6.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Can't wait for it I hope its a solid port I so hate limpy ports like Jericho and Bioshock.

TheDarkArchon

Oct 20, 2007
ZippyDSMlee said:
Can't wait for it I hope its a solid port I so hate limpy ports like Jericho and Bioshock.
Epic are doing it so I would expect a good port, given they've been doing PC games since the shareware era.

I don't recall the Bioshock port being limpy. Piss-easy, yeah, but not limpy.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
TheDarkArchon said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Epic are doing it so I would expect a good port, given they've been doing PC games since the shareware era.

I don't recall the Bioshock port being limpy. Piss-easy, yeah, but not limpy.
Broken mouse wonky stabilty lack of options..did you even try and remap keys on it? they locked the P button didn't allow combination of keys (shift+1-6 would have been nice for plasmids) do I really have to go on? BS is a limpy arse port....and Jericho is as bad in trems of options and binding.

The trouble with Epic is...the only good game they have made in the past..I dunno.....6ish years is Gears............I have little hope for UT3,lets hope the team working on the Gears port treats it as a proper PC port and not a freaking rush job....

Sep 18, 2007
UT3 is amazing, just throwing that in there.

As for this, it will fail horribly because PC gamers don't want to pay for Microsoft Live, which has a whopping 3 game support at the moment for features that only work 25% of the time on a PC.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
i didn't even know that jericho was out yet, so im not really sure on how you can judge a game that isn't out. Also bioshock wasnt a port it was just a game dumbed down for the console crowd.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
bue519 said:
i didn't even know that jericho was out yet, so im not really sure on how you can judge a game that isn't out. Also bioshock wasnt a port it was just a game dumbed down for the console crowd.
Yes Bioshock was a port, play the PC version lack of options, broken mouse,ect,ect ,either it was broken from the start and the 360 version got a better port or it was poorly ported to the PC which is more logical in todays console centric world.

Try the Jericho demo it screams port with its lack of options, in fact I believe Jericho was made to be multi console and all ports dirvie from the same batch, meaning nothing gets more polish than the other, this might save dev time but it makes for piss more PC games..

imcaseyimhott
Sicne Halo 2 got "ported" to XP I am hopping more people make SP patches to live games so you cn play the PS side without the live nonsense.

Sep 18, 2007
Microsoft is killing their own ability to sell games with Microsoft Live, to bad they can't realize this.

Just because we PC gamers will spend 1000 - 2000$ on our computers doesn't mean we will pay 50$ just for the ability to play a half ass ported game online, when most better games let us do that for free.

As for Bioshock, the options are horrendous, but at least the game still looks good.

slapme7times

Oct 21, 2007
UT3 beta/ demo sucked.

Bioshock Pc was awesome, if you played it on a 360 controller like i did

Gears pc is going to rock if it has dedicated servers to fix the host advantage and bullet lag?

does gears pc have dedicated servers?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
imcaseyimhott said:
Microsoft is killing their own ability to sell games with Microsoft Live, to bad they can't realize this.

Just because we PC gamers will spend 1000 - 2000$ on our computers doesn't mean we will pay 50$ just for the ability to play a half ass ported game online, when most better games let us do that for free.

As for Bioshock, the options are horrendous, but at least the game still looks good.
thats the trouble with most new games...they "look" good...thats about it.....