Zero Punctuation: Clive Barker's Jericho

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Clive Barker's Jericho

This week's Zero Punctuation takes a long, bloody look at Clive Barker's Jericho (by Clive Barker).

Watch Video

mindsikk

Nov 14, 2007
Speaking of cock: what do you make of this studios logo?

http://massiveblack.com/mbNew/frontpage.html

MrKeroChan

Oct 3, 2007
acegi said:
wooot first!
get a life

Really though, Yahtzee is at his best when he's taking the piss out of a game or gamers and only that.

Massive Black.... that's so wrong in the best way.

Oct 31, 2007
mindsikk said:
Speaking of cock: what do you make of this studios logo?

http://massiveblack.com/mbNew/frontpage.html
That is so wrong, and so awesome at the same time if they get away with it.

Anyway, good review Yahtzee, i thought i was the only one that thought that making a game realistic meant coloring everything brown.

dr_pangloss

Nov 14, 2007
Interesting pick.. lots of fodder out now, I was expecting an assassin's creed, a cod4 or even a crysis.

Nov 7, 2007
That was -awesome-
Sad, the most compelling reviews are the one filled with hatred.That please me.
(well..at least on my wallet's side)..I wanted to buy Jericho, and maybe just to end up with another game sharing its fate with Dark Messiah, uncompleted and disappointing.

aeonite

Oct 17, 2007
Bubble Six said:
That was -awesome-
Sad, the most compelling reviews are the one filled with hatred.That please me.
(well..at least on my wallet's side)..I wanted to buy Jericho, and maybe just to end up with another game sharing its fate with Dark Messiah, uncompleted and disappointing.
You didn't like being able to kick all your enemies off cliffs into the conveniently placed spike racks?

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Great, very funny review (the first minute or so had me in stitches, especially that "magic-pimped" soldier and the granite octopus). As fate would want it, I happened to play the Jericho demo yesterday. I can only agree with the "whack-a-mole" statement - after about 10 minutes of play, I realised that all I needed to do was kill an enemy, then stand in the exact same spot, wait for the next one to arrive, kill it too, and repeat until things stopped arriving. Move to next spot until the demo is over. Not the kind of "gameplay" I'd pay money for.

It looks like you didn't enjoy the flakturms in this game either, Yahtzee ;). By the way, you missed the godawful checkpointing. Ooh, and I'll pitch it again: consider reviewing The Witcher.

drunken_munki

Nov 14, 2007
I'm glad Yahtzee could rant about something. Nothing peeves me off more then pathetic 'games' like this one.

Oh please oh please do Hellgate: London next, go on! Rant on son!

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
dr_pangloss said:
Interesting pick.. lots of fodder out now, I was expecting an assassin's creed, a cod4 or even a crysis.
Um, all those games that you mentioned only come out this week. Maybe next week. :/

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
Wow he actually did this like he mentioned it before. When I first saw the update that this was up, i said to myself that he is gonna tear this one up. What will he do next.

Zetim

Oct 6, 2007
i had the same impression with the demo... definitely not worth the time it takes to play, and most definitely not worth anything over 5 USD

J-Val

Nov 7, 2007
PC Gamer (UK version) had rated Jericho badly, so I was prepared for Yatzhee to violently maim it. Then again, the UK version of PC Gamer is quite strict with it's ratings.
Regardless, looks like another long anticipated game dissapointing (others including Hellgate: London and Halo 3).

burnit999

Mar 28, 2006
I enjoyed the review. It reinforces my decision to rent the game for a night rather than buy it our right :p. Also, Yahtzee, keep up the good work. Your videos are a great asset to this site and I always find them fun to watch.

On another note I downloaded your game. It was a fun play :).