Microsoft Xbox 360 Hacker Hunt Continues

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Microsoft Xbox 360 Hacker Hunt Continues

Microsoft's hunt for Xbox 360 hackers goes on, as the Redmond-based giant announced a new round of bans for detected modders.

360 owners who had been enjoying 360 titles using backups found their online accounts banned. The users, who sounded off on the MaxConsole forums, were informed there is no way to circumvent the ban aside from buying a new console.

Despite the continued crackdown, some mods are still apparently surviving unscathed. Among them are the DVD drive hack and firmware hack iXtreme.

A variety of mods were quite popular with the original Xbox console, allowing players to load and play titles straight from the hard drive, eliminating the need to insert - or purchase - retail discs.

Source: Ars Technica [http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/11/21/microsoft-continues-hunt-for-xbox-360-firmware-hackers]

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
Those darn Hackers... wait, i have an original Xbox... oh, yeah (i'm not tech savvy much)...
:~(

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
With the current prices of 360s dropping, I'm almost tempted to mod a new Xbox which I'd use for single players and keep my older, more robust and dependable 360 for multiplayers.

Then again, it seems like a lot of effort and I'm kinda lazy, so I probably won't.

/Laziness is a pirate's worst enemy.