Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Expected Today

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Expected Today

Duke Nukem Forever [http://www.3drealms.com/] teaser video, expected to land around noon CST today.

A message posted on the 3D Realms website says, "Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever."

"After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming. Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, there has been a screen shot taken from the teaser and posted in our forums. Check it out here [http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29639]."

"Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience."

An update to the message meant to "manage expectations" was added later by George Broussard, which said, "This is a teaser. It's not a full-blown trailer like the 2001 trailer (but something like that is coming.) I tried to be clear about that in the message board post, so just bear in that it's a teaser."

A link to the 3D Realms forum post on the topic is available here [http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29639], although the server is experiencing difficulties with the increased traffic.

Teleios

Aug 5, 2003
Expected Update around noon CST:

Duke Nukem Forever Teaser DELAYED until 2009.

Gildedtongue

Nov 9, 2007
So, the only reason there's still interest in this game is the laughing stock that 3D Realms has become over how long this game has been in development since first advertised. Granted, Prey also took forever, and it was... okay.

I dunno... I'd like to think that bland, generic action heroes are going to be a thing of the past soon. Besides, why should we listen to someone other than Bruce Campbell give those lines we adored in the Evil Dead series? ;)

dv8withn8

Sep 26, 2007
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all outta gum...

ShackNews is obviously crashing. Curses.

Nov 15, 2007
Meh. Duke's one liners aren't nearly as clever now that he isn't stealing them from Bruce Campbell, and this one felt forced.

I hope 3DRealms isn't banking on Duke's awesome factor to sell this game because it has been so long people have either forgotten, or never played the original, but I may be getting ahead of myself since I'm assuming the game will come out one day.

I felt they needed to come out of the gate swinging with this teaser, but it was a typical teaser, and unless you're a big fan of the Duke I doubt it will make your balls tighten.

nightfish

Nov 7, 2007
I don't understand about this.

One of the most popular games ever and its taking them years to get a sequel done. Other games are on to there 3rd or 4th sequels in as many years...

...unless this will be the game of all games.

MrKeroChan

Oct 3, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUN7mHUtzno

it's out...if you care

and why is he looking like Bruce Willis rather than Kurt Russell?

dv8withn8

Sep 26, 2007
When and if DNF finally comes out there's no way it will live up to any hype. It'll either totally suck or simply be an average shooter. Of course there will be those few fanboys left that will swear by it but I predict it will garner solid 7's from the critics.

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
What an embarrassment.

It would be nice to get an expose one day on how this company actually operates, if indeed it does at all.

J.theYellow

Jun 1, 2007
Yeah, set sail for more blue balls. Doesn't exactly send strippers to your house, but as slow as it's moved, they'd probably be too old to shake ass without throwing out their hip joints. Nice that they've got the same voice actor as old, but they obviously can't lip sync it with the graphics and for all I know they've got a DukeBonoVox they can play like a synthesizer.

Kaisharga

Dec 5, 2007
What was that line?

I'm looking for some alien toilet to park my bricks, who's first?

Your average fighting game line is better-written and more coherent than that. What.

edit: fixed for better (or worse?) grammar

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I will be deeply disappointed if this game ever actually ships. DNF is much more fun as a decade-old abortion than it could ever possibly be as an actual videogame.

p1ne

Nov 20, 2007
Malygris said:
I will be deeply disappointed if this game ever actually ships. DNF is much more fun as a decade-old abortion than it could ever possibly be as an actual videogame.
I concur. Once it comes out we'll only be able to make fun of it for a couple months for sucking, and then it'll be all over.

eggdog14

Oct 17, 2007
I think we need Scooby Doo and the mystery bus out here.
3d Realms, i've decided, was closed years ago, its employees have all mysteriously gone missing, and now it is just an empty, haunted warehouse where a goblin is releasing little bits of a non-existent game to keep us all on our toes.

DNF is a ghost!!
Yoowzers!