Zero Punctuation: Silent Hill Origins

Dark Shikari

Sep 28, 2007
There has been a good game with weapon degradation--its called System Shock 2, Yahtzee ;) and I named it before the second was up, too!

Agreed with the rest of the review though.

Muddy62

Jan 2, 2008
Yea agreed with the review and will add
most psp games just copy some what of the story of a game
Great work as usual Yahtzee

OmahaRenegade

Dec 20, 2007
Ya know I've never played Silent Hill. Any of them. Which I'm told makes my life incomplete in the way not having sex makes a man incomplete. I do hope to play them one day...
Oh, but I saw the movie :D *runs before anyone beats him to death with whatever they pull out of their stash*

bitchinslap

Oct 31, 2007
This was one of the best again Yahtzee! Your wit never fails to make me chuckle.
I love how you slipped that picture of yourself in there as well.

Also, I finally figured out who you remind me of! You're like a faster-talking version of Charlie Brooker! For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b7mwTK564o

Xen Monkey

Dec 13, 2007
Dark Shikari said:
There has been a good game with weapon degradation--its called System Shock 2, Yahtzee ;) and I named it before the second was up, too!
SS2 is good dispite the degredation not because of it ;-)

Dark Shikari

Sep 28, 2007
Xen Monkey said:
Dark Shikari said:
SS2 is good dispite the degredation not because of it ;-)
Without the degradation though, it would have been piss-easy.

Being forced to take on a maintenance robot with nothing but a wrench, pistol, and 10 hitpoints left is what made the game *fun*.

duel

Jan 9, 2008
I like Yahtzee trying to fold his arms, i got what he was doing but i did look a little like...

devilzs30

Oct 21, 2007
Another Well Review Done, Yahtzee. Silent Hill 2 is also my favorite one, and I agree yet that the Silent Hill Series is getting bad, but I just simply think that it's dying but not dead, the judge will be turn on Silent Hill 5, if it's good, it lives, if it doesn't, throw it into a pile of shit.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Dark Shikari said:

Agreed with the rest of the review though.
He asked to name one game where weapon degradation was a good idea, not one game that was good and happened to have weapon degradation in it. Both System Shock 2 and Jagged Alliance 2 have weapon degradation and are good games, but both would be better off without it...

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Never even heard of silent hill...

something tells me that wasn't the best way to open my post

great review Yahtzee, might just buy the game any way just so I can get some use out of my fucking psp!!!

Muddy62

Jan 2, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Never even heard of silent hill...

something tells me that wasn't the best way to open my post

great review Yahtzee, might just buy the game any way just so I can get some use out of my fucking psp!!!
I would do the same but some little shit stole my psp

Dobbinatrix

Nov 14, 2007
i think the weapon degredation in condemed was pretty good, couldn't agree more with the stuff about silent hill 2 being by far the best, that game is ACE!

ShadokatRegn

Dec 6, 2007
Brilliant as always - though it may not be the best of the Silent Hill games, its still nice to be able to bring Silent Hill with you wherever you go.

Hellgiver

Oct 10, 2007
What about Dead Rising? If there weren't degradation, then A) the game would be too frickin easy with the mini chainsaws and katanas, and B)you wouldn't have been given any real reason to try out new weapons as you came across them, or even use them out of pure necessity (being caught in a corner by a crowd of zombies and seeing a sledge hammer).

The end of your review reminded me somewhat of Sub-Zero's main fatality in almost every Mortal Kombat.