Steam Offers EVE Online

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Steam Offers EVE Online

CCP's MMOG EVE Online will be digitally distributed through Valve's Steam service.

To commemorate Steam's first MMOG, a special free 21-day trial period for EVE will be available to all Steam gamers, as well as $5 off their first full month of EVE Online.

"Launching EVE on Steam means the addition of another fantastic PC game and the introduction of MMOs on Steam," said Jason Holtman, director of business development at Valve. "The team at CCP continues to expand EVE's universe and gameplay for the legions logging in to play each month, just as we continue to expand Steam's consumer and developer features."

"We are immensely excited and honored that EVE Online will be the first MMO on Steam," said Magnus Bergsson, VP of Sales at CCP. "Steam has been the leading online distribution platform for a long time and home to some of the most dedicated gamers around, so we couldn´t think of a better fit for EVE Online."

Lightbulb

Oct 28, 2007
Ooooh.... Damn it no i must not sign up to an MMO...

Guild Wars nearly killed me...

I really do hope that it help get this game more popular though as it really is something special.

Skitt

Jun 27, 2004
That's freakin ingenious. Tried a free trial for the game once, but I sympathize with the people who say it gets depressing having to characterize yourself as a ship and never seeing a walking avatar but the gameplay all in all was fun as hell, and with this move I'm gonna go see if I can get my trial character back =D