Assassin's Creed Director's Cut Coming to the PC in March

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Assassin's Creed Director's Cut Coming to the PC in March

Third Crusade [http://www.ubi.com].

The Assassin's Creed Director's Cut edition will feature four new types of investigations, providing even greater exploration options for the game's various locations. The PC version of the hit game follows releases on the PlayStation 3 [http://www.xbox.com], which have sold over 5 million units since the game's launch in November 2007.

"We are thrilled to bring Assassin's Creed to an eager PC audience and we anticipate the game will resonate with them just as it has across the other platforms," said Ubisoft Marketing Director John Parkes. "Assassin's Creed is a game that must be experienced firsthand to fully understand how dynamic and meaningful this title has become for videogame fans worldwide."

A third-person stealth game, Assassin's Creed puts players in the role of Altair, an assassin in the year 1191 who must kill nine characters involved in the Third Crusade. The game takes place in the cities of Jerusalem, Acre and Damascus, as well as the assassin's stronghold of Masyaf, and features numerous side-quests as well as new areas that are unlocked as the game progresses. The Assassin's Creed Director's Cut is rated M (Mature) and is currently slated for release in March. More information is available at www.assassinscreed.com [http://www.assassinscreed.com].

X nosgoth X

Dec 24, 2007
I don't get why the title says Assassin's Guild instead of Creed. It's pretty late here, though.

But again, just like with GoW, the PC gamers get more...

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
4 new types of investigation? That made me think about thinking about buying it despite already owning & having completed the X360version. Fortunately I thought better of thinking such things.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Yeah. Umm. They changed the name of the PC version, it's going to be called Assassin's Guild instead.

Yeah.

¬¬

Dyselon

Oct 3, 2007
4 new types basically doubles the amount of investigation in that game. I'm not sure even that's enough to make the game fun for those who felt it was too repetitive; you're still going to have to do the same things over and over again. But for those that did enjoy the game already, it seems like a huge addition. I hope we get this additional stuff on console somehow.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Malygris said:
Yeah. Umm. They changed the name of the PC version, it's going to be called Assassin's Guild instead.

Yeah.

¬¬
It's still Assassin's Creed. The "Assassin's Guild" was meant to be the people who were developing the game. So far any website I've checked out that has the game up for the PC has it marked as Assassin's Creed.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
perhaps they will polish up the gameplay issues it has....more solid control never hurts....

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Wait ten years, for the anniversary. They'll release it under "Assasin's Club", with even more content, which means more of the repetitive stuff.

Ok, now, the director's cut style addition is funny. Are we going to see quickly sold games with limited gameplay, to quickly get the studios gross money, and then feed the team to actually implement all the functions which were initially planned for the game?

It's very usual that a lot of functions planned in the initial design don't make it in the final game, be it because they're not that good, or because of time/money.

I don't know what to think. Somehow, this is a good business plan, but I'm afraid it opens the door to a form of lazyness.

doughnut

Feb 7, 2008
Apart from being greedy, I see little reason why a patch (preferably free, to make up for how bored I was with this game to begin with) couldn't be released for console versions.

qbert4ever

Dec 14, 2007
Unless they are planing to compleatly fix the ending, which as anyone who beat it knows how broken an ending it was, then I could give a shit.

doughnut

Feb 7, 2008
qbert4ever said:
Unless they are planing to compleatly fix the ending, which as anyone who beat it knows how broken an ending it was, then I could give a shit.
I've yet to be able to force myself to finish the damn thing yet. Heh.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Why...PC? The control system of Assassin's, I'm sorry, Guild was designed for the controller. How can they port it to PC?

jaisimar_chelsea

Dec 31, 2007
Copter400 said:
Why...PC? The control system of Assassin's, I'm sorry, Guild was designed for the controller. How can they port it to PC?
because unlike consoles which DONOT support keyboard/mouse controls a pc can support dual analog controllers, joysticks and racing wheels etc.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Copter400 said:
Are you kidding? Any controller-based scheme can be easily ported to the PC, and made infinitely more flexible and precise in the bargain.