The Escapist Crossword #5

Myles Mellor

Jan 30, 2009
The Escapist Crossword #5

Start your Sunday off right with steaming cup of The Escapist Crossword. Mmmmm....smells like victory.

Read Full Article

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Uch.. I had all of them but '...of New York'. How did I not get that one?! It's so obvious now...

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
I'm so much fail at these. I only answered like 10 or 11 and some of them were wrong.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Found this one to be a lot harder than the previous ones. Damn, I need to come back for this one a bit later, when I've got some time on my hands.

Damn you all for making me use my brain!

Maet

The Altoid Duke
Jul 31, 2008
This one was fairly easy for me. I was only stumped on a handful of clues.

killgannon

Jan 19, 2009
Great crossword, i was stumped on a few of them although I think the answer for 20 down is wrong, I won't write the answer here as to not ruin it for others but unless it's a different show to what I'm thinking of the last two letters are the wrong way round.

Nunka

Oct 10, 2007
killgannon said:
Great crossword, i was stumped on a few of them although I think the answer for 20 down is wrong, I won't write the answer here as to not ruin it for others but unless it's a different show to what I'm thinking of the last two letters are the wrong way round.
Yeah, I'm also pretty sure that one was wrong. Oh well.

I was totally stumped on the "Hamster on a _____" clue. Guess I'm just not caught up on all the interweb fads anymore.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
I liked this one better than the last, so great crossword, looking forward to the next.
Still not printer friendly, as far as I can tell. :(
I seemed to do way better on the down rather than the across.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Yay, finished it, though with some help from wiki and google <_<

I have to say, I really do enjoy these crosswords a great deal!

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I'm stuck on 28 Down. Being the last one, I don't want to click the solution but am totally stumped right now!

Scratch that, figured it out now! That'll be the first Escapist crossword I finished...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
killgannon said:
Ahhh, apologies. Some changes got made at the last minute, and that mistake slipped through.

20 Down should be SNL, but in the puzzle, it is SLN.

Very, very sorry about that.

Aperama

Oct 19, 2008
Go figure - but I found this one easier than the rest thusfar. Which is just about the right difficulty for me - I only really had to check a couple of answers (like the 'LAX' one and the screwed up 20 down) - and I even got the 'completion' message this time around! Hooray!

I liked it, either way. I'd love to see these continue (though I do agree with most in that the 'two to three letter' clues are too high in quantity).

TheWickerPopstar

Dec 6, 2007
I'm not even finished yet, but I love the "...Ate My Neighbors" reference. Nothing like using a squirt gun to kill a giant baby in a shopping mall.

Magus44

Aug 26, 2008
Quick question? How does one know they have won?
Does it come up going "YOU'RE WINNER?", or something like that? Because this is the second one I've finished and haven't gotten a win screen. (If one exists). Curses!
Though I do so love these crosswords. Keep it up.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Magus44 said:
Quick question? How does one know they have won?
Does it come up going "YOU'RE WINNER?", or something like that? Because this is the second one I've finished and haven't gotten a win screen. (If one exists). Curses!
Though I do so love these crosswords. Keep it up.
Yes, if you get it all right without looking at the answers you get a message saying that it is correct.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
TheWickerPopstar said:
I'm not even finished yet, but I love the "...Ate My Neighbors" reference. Nothing like using a squirt gun to kill a giant baby in a shopping mall.
One of my favorite games of all time. :)