Sega Reveals Aliens: Colonial Marines Details

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sega Reveals Aliens: Colonial Marines Details

Sega has unveiled details about Aliens: Colonial Marines, the new squad-based FPS title currently in development.

As a member of a Aliens [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Colonial_Marines]experience while retaining the look and ambiance of the original films, and new skills, equipment and weapons will be available along with old standards like the M41A pulse rifle and the M240 flamethrower.

The game will feature a story-driven single player mode built around ferocious battles against a fearsome enemy onslaught in highly detailed environments including the abandoned Sulaco [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulaco_(spaceship)], as well as a four-player cooperative action mode that will give each player a distinct role to fill in every mission. Information about other multiplayer modes will be released later in the year.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is currently in development for the Aliens website [http://www.playstation.com].

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Sounds cool, but with all the good games coming out this year, I doubt I'll even have the money to buy it.

MikeyW

Feb 21, 2008
Could be awesome. Just hope SEGA doesn't get caught up in the whole "Next Gen is all flashy show. People don't want a game, they want a glitzy masturbatory aid to wow their friends with." The Alien franchise has been copping a raping lately and really needs something awe inspiring to dig it out of its hole.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I'm always down with the shooting of the xenomorphs, but I'm not really seeing how this is offering any kind of increased coolness factor over and above the AVP games.

Talisker

Jan 31, 2008
Yay. I too thought they had abandoned this, lets just hope it's as good as the AvP games.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Wasn't it United Systems Colonial Marines?
Or am I confusing stuff with the United Systems Military that came 200 years later?

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
I'm not trying to badmouth this game but...is anyone else a little bit disappointed that it's going to be a giant "ZOMFG! ALIENS!" rush fest? It just sounds like a giant round of the Flood levels from Halo. If it weren't for the Aliens IP...would anyone even care?

Would it kill them to experiment just a tiny bit amidst the sea of gimmick FPS titles? Why not make an Alien game that's just like the first movie? You've got no guns, you're on a giant ship with millions of place for JUST one alien to hide, you're out in bumblef*ck deep space, and you have to systematically quarantine parts of the ship and try to trap it. Meanwhile, a batty android is trying to stop you while the other half of the crew won't unlock the escape pod.

Just something, ANYTHING, besides go from point A to B, kill things, collect crap. Repeat.

Talisker

Jan 31, 2008
Arbre said:
Or am I confusing stuff with the United Systems Military that came 200 years later?
When the Colonial Marines were involved in Aliens I think it was still called the United States. Dear God I hope they don't set it after Alien Resurrection.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Arbre said:
I wasn't sure about this one either so I looked it up, and apparently United States Colonial Marines is the correct appellation, part of the United Americas Allied Command. It sounds not too far off our real-world military/political situation of a bloc of nations united in a military alliance but dominated by the US, which I suppose makes sense under the circumstances.