No Goldeneye on Xbox Live: Microsoft

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
No Goldeneye on Xbox Live: Microsoft

Microsoft swiftly denied recent reports from the publication Xbox World 360 that GoldenEye 007 was coming to Xbox Live Arcade.

"The story in Xbox World 360 is based entirely on rumor and speculation," a Microsoft official said.

"Unfortunately, we were never contacted by the publication to confirm information or participate in the story in any way, as we would have confirmed that we do not have the necessary rights to release GoldenEye on Xbox Live Arcade."

The Microsoft source did say the company would "love" to host GoldenEye if it could reach a deal with Nintendo.

In a CVG.com blurb [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=183098&site=xbw], the story is said to show "never-seen shots and hands-on details" about the remake. But the blurb then hints it may not be in the offing, asking "And how can we make sure this incredible remake does see the light of day?"

Source: Eurogamer.net [http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93383]

Talisker

Jan 31, 2008
Thats a pity, I was really hoping(and still am) that we would get Goldeneye on xbox live arcade. It was one of the greats as far as I'm concerned.

The Reverend

Jan 28, 2008
Can't say I'm surprised really, Goldeneye is in a bit of a legal quagmire, what with the rights to the Bond franchise now owned by Activision? And Nintendo's claim to it as well. A shame really, one of the best console shooters ever (and though its dated now, It's still a kick-ass game.

MathU

Dec 1, 2007
If it were to come to anything, it would come to the Wii VC before XBox Live.

Sniper_Zegai

Jan 8, 2008
Man that sucks so hard, I know the head of Nintendo basically ended the project at the last minute becuase he did'nt think it was a good idea to have a Nintendo game on a rival console, which is odd becuase I cant imagine anyone buying the N64 version but of course there is the possibility that it could appear on the virtual console but I could just imagine them trying to incorperate the Wiimote into gameplay *shudder*

Maxpayne5th

Jan 11, 2008
Sniper_Zegai said:
but of course there is the possibility that it could appear on the virtual console but I could just imagine them trying to incorperate the Wiimote into gameplay *shudder*
Well most VC games for the Wii require the VC Controller (Which is like your basic controller, with thumbstick and such) so it would work real well.

I would've loved to see this come out again, but hey, if its gonna end up anywhere, it'll be on the Wii first. Though if Nintendo and Microsoft could work together on this one, it would be awesomeness to the max.