de-rez: Searching for Gordon Freeman

de-rez

Jan 30, 2008
Searching for Gordon Freeman

In this episode of de-rez, Dave Hiroshima, adventure reporter goes searching for Gordon Freeman.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Nice. Definitely a few good laughs. They keep getting better. Way to go, de-rez.
"You don't know how to green-screen either? This won't work...people will know."

Feb 13, 2008
There's some good jokes in there, but it needs to be a little tighter. There's still a few 'what do we do next?' moments. But still very good.

Mossberg

Mar 28, 2007
Ah, getting better. Several laugh-out-loud moments, and I loved the Combine bit.

I admit I was skeptical about this series at first (well, I'll stay reserved), but if this keeps up I think I'll enjoy it quite a bit.

Baliame

Jan 22, 2008
A little too much filler, you could remove some detail "what do we do next?" moments indeed as root of all evil said. It's improving though, keep it up.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
best yet, though the accent at times sounded bizarre to say the least. GJ though, very kewl concept.

mitsoxfan

Feb 12, 2008
I hope 'Zep won't be too pissed about the use of their music in this video. They seem to be pretty cranky about that sort of thing...

Otherwise, funny stuff!

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
pretty good, some good jokes, but needs to be cut down a bit. there were too many boring cuts with just "well we cant find him, now what?" some good stuff tho, i liked how freeman just stares at hima nd proceeds to kill him. additionally kudos for having the balls to rip a character that has a signficant following on the site that hosts your vids.

escapee

Feb 28, 2008
LoL very good.
I joined just to say good job I liked it very much.
Perhaps too many "How we gonna find him" parts but it still worked for me.
I liked the gravity gun and him being stabbed with the crowbar.

BTW is that the citadel in the background?

I'll keep watching!

Feb 13, 2008
What I would have liked to have seen

The Cameraman being the G-Man "Hey, I have to make a living too..."
Crawling through a pipe to hear a headcrab leap, and then saying "oh, it's only a cushion."
Running a toaster off Freeman's powersuit.
Dave Hiroshima being more "NUCLEAR! We put the NEWS in NEWSCLEAR...Nuclear"

immortal88

Nov 7, 2007
Still improving the scene with the combine soldier was excellent. Some of the "what do we do now" moments kind of trail on too long and the dialogue with the camera man having his phone number was a bit cliche once he makes the announcement. I'm also not quite sure what the beer was for? I mean I understand that you wanted to give it to him, but why? Maybe I missed something. Anyway, the crowbar ending was a nice touch. Good work, I'll keep watching.

eggdog14

Oct 17, 2007
I liked the "mockumentary" style in this one. As the show is for bring gaming and real life together, maybe you guys should emphasize that? Adventure-Reporter/interviews and such, goldmine.

good work!