Zero Punctuation: Devil May Cry 4

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Devil May Cry 4

This week on Zero Punctuation, Yahtzee sheds a single emo tear for his gigantic sword in Devil May Cry 4.

Watch Video

davidmr

Jan 30, 2008
lol great review,
although a kitana being homoerotic? hmmm ;) Agree about Raiden from MGS2, seriously does he use a hair straighener? :p Was waiting for yahtzee to make a personal appearance again though....

(developers being pillocks? i think thats been the same for all the DMC series)

Esure

Jan 14, 2008
Call me a fanboy or call it Yahtzee doing his job, but I like DMC4, points he makes are valid like the dam dice games *shudder*. However one thing I have to disagree is with him calling it short; in todays age where 4 levels of a fps is standard I'd say DMC4 is quite long.

And there is nothing uncool about Dante

njsykora

Sep 11, 2007
I take exception to the His Dark Materials reference.

Fun stuff though, even though most of the issues have become 'hallmarks' of DMC since the first game.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
good review made me laugh a few times.
But now i hate you if you spent howers on the second time round the bord game then your just pure unlucky and im going to have a guess tha a certain someone only played human or devil hunter the modes ment to get you redy for the real game. But hay i expected it to get ripped apart as soon as i saw it and well atleast you said the combat was good.

TLK Cydonia

Jan 23, 2008
Good, but not the best. I agree with most of what you're saying though, as always...

But what's with the His Dark Materials reference!?

coredump

Mar 5, 2008
Is it me or did Yahtzee's speech sound kinda slow this one? Yatzee, you're going to have up your hooker and blow intake, you're building a resistance.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
I cant believe he dident complaine more about the music and i was hoping for an Audiosurf review, not a measley comment.

Ydna

Nov 21, 2007
Wow, harsh review for sure!! You got genuinely angry toward the end.

Good song pick at the beginning though...

Slamhound

Aug 29, 2007
Oh hey, thanks for the Audiosurf song recommendation. I'll give it a whirl later.

Anyway, it seems that the DMC series is alternating between good and utter crap. DMC wasn't bad, DMC2 terrible, DMC3 good, DMC4 terrible...

SimzNI13

Mar 2, 2008
The last line is the best in the whole series. Great one dude. Give dem De-Rez boys a few tips. Their show needs more "that's embarrsing to watch" taken out!

Flow

Feb 20, 2008
And here I thought that game looked good, but timed platform sections with fixed camera angles, that's thrown me off it, though I may still try it just so I can have the pleasure of breaking a controller or two xD

RussDCA

Nov 3, 2007
Heheeeeeee, hehehehehehehehe...

Got my balls in the giggle vice that time. Not that a my balls being in any sort of vice would be giggle material but...... Actually, there's nothing funny about that at all. I should think these things through more.

Cracking review!

vidiotz.com

Feb 21, 2008
Excellent review, and it summed up things nicely. The only thing that I would add is that artificially adding difficulty by removing used items on player death from a set save point so that you'll go back and play previous levels over and over is just plain shitty. Make the user WANT to play things over, not HAVE to play them over just to progress.

Just because it's a staple of how DMC has always done it doesn't make it good. I decided that I would get more entertainment out of replaying Ninja Gaiden Black... and I was right.