Rockstar "Horrified" by Bully Scholarship Edition Problems

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Rockstar "Horrified" by Bully Scholarship Edition Problems

Bully: Scholarship Edition [http://www.rockstargames.com], and that it is taking steps to resolve the issues as quickly as possible.

Problems with the updated version of the hit Xbox.com [http://www.playstation.com] forums. In response, Rockstar President and co-founder Sam Houser issued a statement saying he was "horrified" by the widespread technical problems.

"We have just become aware of the issues people are having with Bully: Scholarship Edition on Xbox 360. It appears that some older 360s are experiencing framerate issues, freezes and other problems," he wrote. "You have our word that we never experienced any of this in QA - in any of our offices or at Microsoft [http://www.microsoft.com]. I am horrified, and we are now working around the clock to rectify this situation. Thanks to NeoGAF for bringing this matter to our attention."

"We love our games and put a huge amount of energy and care into making them all that they can be," he continued. "We would never shove anything out the door - we never have and never will. We apologize to everyone affected for the inconvenience."

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
HalfShadow said:
Of course the fact the the 360 (especially the older models) is a buggy peice of shit has nothing to do with this.
Considering that there are many games which work just fine on this console, I don't think you're looking in the right direction about the "piece of shit".

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
I think this is an honest mistake on the part of Rockstar, their would not risk adverse publicity this close to GTA4 if they could help it. Although this isnt going to strengthen Take 2's ability to resist EA's take over ambitions

Also Rockstar have more goodwill built up with gamers than most Game companies so I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
HalfShadow said:
Really? And I suppose you're just going to overlook the fact that the 360s did and still do randomly commit suicide when you put in games it doesn't 'like'?
Crawl back into your hole, platform-bigot. There's plenty of software that works fine on the 360, just as there's plenty of software ports that chug on every platform.

Odds are this is like most other weak ports, something missed in QA.

-- Steve

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
HalfShadow said:
That's not the point. The point is, especially given all the other problems with the 360, it could just as easily be the system at fault.
And I suppose the Cell processor is crap because Valve and EA can't port titles to the PS3 terribly well. Or PCs because of their dodgy console ports.

You're barking up the wrong forest, let alone the wrong tree. There are plenty of ports (Rez, Marathon (from Mac!), the Maddens, the NBAs) that work fine on the 360; if they can get it right, then the odds of it being an inherent hardware fault are pretty low.

-- Steve

Squiglish

Mar 26, 2004
HalfShadow said:
Really? And I suppose you're just going to overlook the fact that the 360s did and still do randomly commit suicide when you put in games it doesn't 'like'?

Does this sound like a well designed system to you? Oh, I'm sorry, this is Microsoft. This isn't a bug, it's a 'feature'.
I've had my 360 since 2006 and it red ringed 3 weeks ago and I've been playing it pretty intensly for the last two years so it wasn't entirely unexpected. I sent it off and it came back as good as new 5 days later with a prepaid month of xbox. Sure the 360 has problems but so do the ps3 and wii.
Might wanna tone down the fanboy hate a little.

xMacx

Nov 24, 2007
HalfShadow said:
Oh, I'm sorry, this is Microsoft. This isn't a bug, it's a 'feature'.
That was a vaguely amusing joke in 1997. Time has not treated it well.

xMacx

Nov 24, 2007
Boo to all forms of fanboyism - how are you going to clap for that? I can point you to a dozen forums with OMG [INSERTSYSTEMHERE] ROXORS and [INSERTOTHERSYSTEMHERE] SUCKZ!!!!!!11!!! if it amuses you so much.

One of the better parts of this forum is the lack of full on fanboy factions - keep that elsewhere.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
HalfShadow said:

Does this sound like a well designed system to you? Oh, I'm sorry, this is Microsoft. This isn't a bug, it's a 'feature'.

Please, lets keep the console hate out of the news section. If you want to argue then visit gameFAQ's or something.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
HalfShadow said:
I never mentioned any other systems, did I? Did I once say 'System X is so much better than system Y?'
You bagged on Microsoft with the usual formerly-witty-but-now-senile-from-advanced-age comments used by fanbois of other platforms. If you don't want to be mistaken for a fanboi, stop cribbing their buzzwords.

Also, you immediately lept from "Bully doesn't work well on the 360" to "LOL red ring" without any connecting logic and ignored any reply that pointed that out. If you don't want to be mistaken for a fanboi, stop using their secret handshakes.

There are many reasonable and insightful critiques of the Xbox360's shortcomings, but yours wasn't one of them.

-- Steve

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Ack, I don't even know where to start on this thread.

1) I'd be F'n horrified as well and you should be. Sounds to me like they slapped the PS2 version into a 360 filter, went through the game once and shipped it off. So, that would be their fault.

2) It could be the 360's too. I like the games on mine but I can point out 5 problems right off the bat that would turn anyone from buying one had they never known what a 360 was.

So, they both f'd it up and are both at fault (damn ring of death). Have a nice day :)