142: Pulsing Vectors of the Universe

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Pulsing Vectors of the Universe

"Here was someone who, in the course of 20 minutes, had shattered every assumption we made about a game that we had spent weeks practicing. We discovered the difficulty actually ceases to increase after around 4 million points; perhaps the developers never imagined anyone surpassing that mark. K4rn4ge had reached a level of mastery where the only thing preventing him from continuing on to infinity was his own crude biological needs for food and sleep."

Read Full Article

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Fun read...I need to get this game for my DS. Sounds like a fun ride.

If you go on Youtube and watch some of those dudes that crack 100,000 regularly on Audiosurf it can be pretty enlightening. Just the obvious idea of coordinating the grey blocks to maximize combos never occurred to me until I saw someone doing it there.

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
Sounds like somebody still can't crack 100,000 ;) (only kidding mate)

Geometry Wars sounds (and looks from the video) like great fun, and Mr. N4ge possesses some mad skills.

-Nick

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Kayevcee said:
Sounds like somebody still can't crack 100,000 ;) (only kidding mate)

Geometry Wars sounds (and looks from the video) like great fun, and Mr. N4ge possesses some mad skills.

-Nick
Naw, I can crack it on Pusher. But Ninja mode is something I've just lately started playing and my first instinct was to just avoid all gray blocks.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I have never played this game but I think I am going to download it now. Looks like a blast!

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
I liked faux-seriousness of the article. It reminded me of the overwrought narration of the videogame novel Lucky Wander Boy.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Geometric Wars was inspired by the robot fight scene in the last Matrix. God I love that game. I go into some kind of epalectic fit when I play it and can usually clock a 2 million score on an adverage play. I've pushed 5million once... I was a god for 4 minutes.