Guitar Hero Aerosmith Adds Bands

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Guitar Hero Aerosmith Adds Bands

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry speaks on the development of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and the artists besides his band that will have tracks included in the game.

Activision's Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, due out in June, always intended on including music from "celebrated artists that the band has either performed with or has been inspired by in some way."

A Game Informer [http://www.gameinformer.com/Magazine/Insider/Articles/Article/200804/A08.0313.2042.54409.htm] interview (subscription required) with Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry revealed just who these "celebrated artists" were.

Songs Perry confirmed for the first band-centric Guitar Hero are Mott the Hoople's "All the Young Dudes", The Kinks' "All Day and All Night," Joan Jett's "Hate Myself for Loving You" and Cheap Trick's "Dream Police." Other names mentioned are Lenny Kravitz, The White Stripes and Deep Purple.

Neversoft, the studio behind the series since Harmonix was acquired by MTV, is creating a full Aerosmith experience. They're taking steps to motion-capture the band mid-performance and recreate the high school where the group first performed.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
If they take a cue from Rock Band and don't make it strictly for people with three hands or superhuman skills, it might be alright. I'm still not convinced about the music choice because I'm not a big Aerosmith fan. I like Dream On and What It Takes, but other than that, I'm not so big on Mr. Tyler.

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
Guitar Hero went down the crapper once Harmonix left. I don't plan on buying a Guitar Hero game ever again unless they magically get a good developer to make it.

Mar 27, 2008
Doesn't matter. None of it will matter. Guitar Hero, Rock Band... doesn't matter. Nothing will top 'Frequency'.

Nothing.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
MaximusPaynicus said:
Doesn't matter. None of it will matter. Guitar Hero, Rock Band... doesn't matter. Nothing will top 'Frequency'.

Nothing.
Man, that was a great game with some really good techno. But, could you imagine playing Frequency with the Guitar Hero controller? That would be nothing short of amazing.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
So, if they've got all those artists on board, why is it 'Guitar Hero Aerosmith'?
Because they're writing the setlist.

I don't particularly mind. The Aerosmith tracks in GH3 have tended to be fun to play.

Nov 28, 2007
GloatingSwine said:
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
So, if they've got all those artists on board, why is it 'Guitar Hero Aerosmith'?
Because they're writing the setlist.

I don't particularly mind. The Aerosmith tracks in GH3 have tended to be fun to play.

Actually, it's because the other bands either played with Aerosmith, or influenced Aerosmith.

Nov 28, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
No, its "were influenced by Aerosmith"
No, it says in the press release "celebrated artists the band [presumably Aerosmith] has either performed with or has been inspired by in some way."

Nov 28, 2007
Darth Mobius said:
laikenf said:
I hate Aerosmith.
Seconded, and what about the band the made being a guitar hero popular.. You know, that band who wrote the song "Juke Box Hero?" Fuck, am I the only person who still likes Foreigner?
I like Foreigner, but good luck finding enough songs to make a full game out of.

DuoM

Jan 17, 2008
Guitar Hero with Neversoft at the helm banked on popularity and Harmonix banked on innovation. Neversoft catered to the expert loving masochists that went berserk on Guitar Hero 2 five staring everything and they made a game that none of them can get a perfect run in (Helllloooo Dragonforce) and that didn't float well with the people who just wanted to play the guitar.

I like ROck Band, it's hard but fun, it offers exactly what I want, a feeling of completion and a feeling of challenge with each song. I play bass because I play Bass in real life and I didn't just think oh I'm playing on a plastic guitar, I actually felt like I was playing my bass because the licks FELT like real licks. When you play Guitar Hero, you get those button sequences that not only defy logic, it's uncomfortable and obviously fake and changed tomake it more difficult.

(End Rant)

Either way, this is Aerosmith aiming to make some money and Neversoft trying to catch up with Rock Band after it destroyed them in the sales charts. There's not a chance in hell that this game'll be able to keep up with Rock Band.