Def Leppard Leaks Three Guitar Hero 4 Songs

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Def Leppard Leaks Three Guitar Hero 4 Songs

Def Leppard guitarist Phil Collen has listed three of the band's songs to be featured in the next Guitar Hero installment.

During an interview with Rockline Radio [http://www.rocklineradio.com/], a caller asked eighties rock band Def Leppard why none of their songs have been offered in any of the Guitar Hero or Rock Band games.

Guitarist Phil Collen granted fans' wishes by announcing that three of songs will be featured in Guitar Hero 4: "Photograph", "Animal" and "Rock of Ages" from their Pyromania and Hysteria albums.

The episode of Rockline will be made available on April 29.

Source: GuitarHeroNews [http://www.guitarheronews.com/guitar-hero-4/def-leppard-songs-to-appear-in-guitar-hero-4/]

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Coincidentally, my three favorite Def Leppard songs, other than Pour Some Sugar On Me. However, I think they're missing a real opportunity, marketing later Def Leppard material on rockband designed for use of only one drumstick :D

MrKeroChan

Oct 3, 2007
Yawn.......mediocre songs from a mediocre band.... yeah they were big middle school...doesn't mean they where good....

Nov 28, 2007
GyroCaptain said:
Coincidentally, my three favorite Def Leppard songs, other than Pour Some Sugar On Me. However, I think they're missing a real opportunity, marketing later Def Leppard material on rockband designed for use of only one drumstick :D
That was very black humor. Luckily, I like my humor dyed with pitch.

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
In an update, word from 1Up is that the guitarist mispoke and the songs will actually be made available as downloadable content. A tad disappointing as we have no news on the status of GH4, but it's great that they're pushing downloadable content.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Actually, Def Leppard is a pretty awesome band. Their later releases, which covers a lot of ground given that I consider that pretty much everything post-Hysteria, may have been heavily-commercialized attempts at mainstream success, the harder edge of their early sound made them a major player in the NWOBHM, and the significance of the Pyromania album really can't be understated.