de-rez: Mortal Combat, Part Two

de-rez

Jan 30, 2008
Mortal Combat, Part Two

This week on de-rez, Raiden returns to finish the fight.

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
The good points:

:) Great costumes
:) Good story
:) Good acting
:) Good jokes
:) Great "attic" location/den.
:) Great fight scenes
:) Great ending

The bad points
:( Needs to be viewed at full screen to be fully appreciated

In summary ... absolutely loved it.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Great return to form, de-rez. It had a very funny intro, but it slowed down in the middle, with Johnny Cage's movie. The ending picked it up again, though, and went out with a bang.
My favorite part... Noooo!

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
"Im gonna cut off your balls and feed them to scorpian"

*yummy*

Kinda funny this week, a major improvement to last week, not that it was that hard.

"Screw racial harmony", come on guys, this guy makes a serious topic sond quite funny.

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
Better than last week. Still not doing the best with the concept, but wrapping it up well enough. The scorpion bits were the best - a mute man emoting deep emotion with cardboard subtitles is a screamingly goofy and very fun joke. Unfortunately, the writing was inconsitent (the making a movie bit with hitler and dracula was limp) but overall the episode was an improvement, which I can't scorn. Good job for trying, boys!

Also, if you wanna get some good advice on writing material, read Yahztee's article in the entry on 23/3/08: You Cad [http://fullyramblomatic.com]. Great advice on what makes homour work!

Keep on truckin, fellas! You'll kick ass, once you find your mark!

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
That was pretty funny. I loved it. The only problem is that you guys need to use a bit more lighting and play with the white balance of the camera to make it look a bit better.

KiiWii

Feb 3, 2008
I have to say i love your videos, and they only get better!
"the ink is black, the page is white, together we learn to read and write" - my fave line ^^

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
So what happend to the guy you probally...

1. hired because he was gay enougth to wear that dress.

or

2. forced him to act gay at gun point.

...in the first one?

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
the_geordie said:
The bad points

-_-' don't ya know how to view it in full screen or are you just saying that because it's blurry or something?

whistleduck

Mar 27, 2008
JOE COOL said:
So what happend to the guy you probally...

1. hired because he was gay enougth to wear that dress.

or

2. forced him to act gay at gun point.

...in the first one?
veronica fadge, gorro, johnny cage & scorpion are all played by the same guy. he's not actually gay, but always ends up doing the mincey bits...bless.

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
JOE COOL said:
the_geordie said:
The bad points

-_-' don't ya know how to view it in full screen or are you just saying that because it's blurry or something?
Because the video is obviously compressed for the website, the "lighting" is poor when the video is watched in the default video window presented - however if you watch the video by clicking on the "full screen" icon the "lighting" is not quite as poor - for example when watching using the 'default' window I could not read the "Noooo.." sign at all, but could when on full screen. The video's would obviously be a lot better if they were not compressed as much to "save space" on the Escapist's web servers.