Sam & Max Developer Announces New Episodic Game

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Sam & Max Developer Announces New Episodic Game

Sam & Max developer Telltale games has announced a new episodic gaming series bearing the tongue-in-cheek title Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.

Based on Matt and Mike Chapman's online animated series on Homestarrunner.com dating back to 2000, the game will launch on Wiiware in June and will also appear on the PC.

The game will span five episodes over the course of a "season" comprising five months. A release date and price have not yet been made public.

"Homestarrunner.com is one of the biggest success stories in online entertainment," said Telltale CEO Dan Connors. "The Chapmans have been treating the Internet to episodic content for years. We're thrilled to have teamed up with them to take episodic gaming to the next level via Nintendo's innovative WiiWare delivery system."

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Damn...I was hoping they were going to try to make an episodic game with more serious subject matter. I guess they need to build a foundation before you can start asking gamers to accept more complex and epic plot lines.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
L.B. Jeffries said:
Damn...I was hoping they were going to try to make an episodic game with more serious subject matter. I guess they need to build a foundation before you can start asking gamers to accept more complex and epic plot lines.
Couldn't agree more with hoping the subject matter was a little more serious, but if this game becomes a hit, it'll probably spawn other titles that'll tackle those sorts of story arcs that we're looking for. Complex and epic, as you said. There's a lot of potential there.. certianly it won't be ignored for long.

CoamIthra

Dec 28, 2007
I can't see myself not buying this. It's been a while since I've been this psyched about a game, actually.

brkl

Jul 12, 2006
Eh? Would you have asked the old Lucasarts team to tackle Nietzsche once they had practiced with Grim Fandango? Let Telltale do what they do best.