Bethesda Confirms Fallout 3 Collector's Edition

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bethesda Confirms Fallout 3 Collector's Edition

Fallout 3 [http://www.bethsoft.com].

Bethesda confirmed today that it will be releasing the special edition of the game, which is now available for pre-order. The Fallout 3 Collector's Edition will include a collectible five-inch Vault Boy bobblehead doll, a hardcover art book featuring unreleased concept art and commentary from Bethesda artists, and a Making of Fallout 3 DVD, all packaged in an exclusive metal Vault-Tec lunch box.

"We're very excited about this collector's edition and believe it truly offers gamers an amazing mix of unique items from the Fallout universe," said Bethesda President Vlatko Andonov," combined with a great behind-the-scenes look at what goes into developing such an immense title."

Taking place in the post-apocalyptic wasteland of Washington, D.C., Fallout 3 immerses players in an epic tale of survival in a war between a faction of the Brotherhood of Steel and the deformed Super Mutants of the glowing, scorched desert. The game is currently in development for the fallout.bethsoft.com [http://www.xbox.com].

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Why are these called "Collector's" edition? It's for serial killers whom gather their victims' ears only? ~~

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Only thing in that that sounds interesting is the bobblehead doll. I dont understand why collectors editions always have "behind the scenes" DVDs, or how anyone could find watching them remotely interesting. Each to their own I guess

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
Yeah... I still have my stupid Oblivion coin. It stares back at me with a smug little look as I imagine it saying, "Sucker!"

The worst part of it is when I think of a witty retort for that coin and it levels up and says something even more demeaning to me. Har, har. ;-)

Mirika_the_warrior

Apr 9, 2008
Echolocating said:
Yeah... I still have my stupid Oblivion coin. It stares back at me with a smug little look as I imagine it saying, "Sucker!"

The worst part of it is when I think of a witty retort for that coin and it levels up and says something even more demeaning to me. Har, har. ;-)
I got the coin with the normal edition.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Ohhh, bobby head Pipboy doll. I don't think I could care about the collectors edition yet. I just wanna play the game.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
$20 is worth it for the bobblehead and lunchbox. Hell, I'd probably buy the bobblehead without the actual game - how can you go wrong with PipBoy?

Pics: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=2313

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I'm a sucker for collector's editions. I love the extra stuff that comes with them: The posters, the art books, the soundtracks, and most especially the "stuff," like the Septim coin that came with Oblivion. Some are utterly amazing (Baldur's Gate 2 and Neverwinter Nights are standouts) while others are less remarkable (Half-Life 2 is the worst, and most expensive, I've ever bought, and BioShock was a lot lighter than I expected) but for games I have any real interest in, CE's are the only way to go.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
I'm certainly not going to condemn collectors editions, especially with my Halo 3 helmet staring at my back while I post this. *grin*

But even if it wouldn't be flagrant hypocrisy for me to do so I wouldn't; I love the behind-the-scenes extras provided on movie DVD sets and developers' commentaries in the game sets. It's sort of the same thing as the "know where your food comes from" drive; I like knowing how developers got the finished project to me.

-- Steve

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I was some pissed when I found out the STALKER collector's edition wasn't going to be released in North America.

Luckily, I have friends in the UK. Worth every penny.