Activision Announces Little League World Series 2008

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Activision Announces Little League World Series 2008

DS [http://www.activision.com].

The first officially licensed Little League videogame to hit next-gen consoles, Little League World Series 2008 will let players hit, pitch and field using controls developed exclusively for the Nintendo consoles. The game includes eight U.S. and eight international teams, wide-ranging player customization options, skill-based challenges and a World Series mode, while the Wii's motion-sensing controls provide an exciting and authentic Little League experience.

"Little League baseball fans, players and families simply haven't had a videogame made just for them, so our goal is to fill this niche," said Activision's Dave Oxford. "Creating this game with the Little League organization has been a pleasure and we look forward to paying homage to the three million Little League players around the world today."

"Activision has captured the essence of what makes Little League so wonderful for players and spectators alike," added Little League International Senior Marketing Executive Jud Rogers. "We look forward to working with them in the upcoming months to help polish the game and bring it to Little Leaguers and fans."

Little League International [http://www.littleleague.org/] is the largest organized youth sports program in the world, with nearly 2.7 million players and over one million volunteers in more than 70 countries worldwide, instilling the values of teamwork, sportsmanship and fair play in its participants. Little League World Series 2008 is set for release on August 5.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Wow, really Activision? I guess starting a new franchise in baseball is cool and all but little league? I would love to see the stats on the players.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Wow, really Activision? I guess starting a new franchise in baseball is cool and all but little league? I would love to see the stats on the players.

Bad SMOKEMNHALO2001! Bad! Don't ressurect threads that no one cared for a year ago.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
oliveira8 said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:

Bad SMOKEMNHALO2001! Bad! Don't ressurect threads that no one cared for a year ago.
Oh noooo! I've been caught.