de-rez: The Truth About 3D Realms

de-rez

Jan 30, 2008
The Truth About 3D Realms

Our crack documentary team gets behind closed doors at developer 3D Realms for exclusive one-on-one interviews with the team that's been making Duke Nukem Forever for 11 years.

Watershed

Dec 10, 2007
"Theres no higher rank than admiral"

Like it, although theres a real possibility that was an actual documentary.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Its actually funny this time!

Everything from the thick 'Nukem Dukem' guy to the general, funny tone. Its openly sarcastic, but is still rather clever at the same time. Its topical, too, considering the release of the Forever trailer a few months back.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Seriously, what's with the lack of creativity, stop trying to be like you were with hitman, because, (and I'm a regular viewer) it's not that good.

QmunkE

Feb 13, 2008
Half-moustache coder was a bit...off, but the level designer and manager were awesome.
Although, saying that, the guilty leering at the political-corrector was hilarious.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Hah! That was gold! Were you going for a "The Office" vibe with this video? The boss's ridiculous dialog gave me flashbacks of that show.

Jack Sheehan

Oct 16, 2007
I liked it, but your videos could do with being a little bit shorter. Six minutes is too long for this kind of thing.

portuga-man

Dec 23, 2007
I know it's the office theme song, and that you were going for a "office" vibe in this one, but "so what becomes of you my love" says everything about my waiting for duke nukem forever

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Very nice. Not over the top humor (but i liked it that way considering the style you were going for), but you weren't beating jokes to death either. Very nice indeed.

Lightbulb

Oct 28, 2007
I liked it, kept my attention, variety of jokes, didn't want it to end. I think it takes alot from the Office yes but so what? Its still funny. I also like the more subdued style - though there was still some crazyness (half a tash? wierd, but kinda amusing too).

Its not laugh out loud humour but for me thats a good thing. I want to be entertained by a video - and at this you succeeded. This may seem like damning with faint praise but honestly i think it was of a higher quality (except Resi) and a totally different style to everything else you've done. Also you made me laugh whereas ZP left me cold this week.

Overall - More of this please!

Then again, i take that back: Keep doing different things, keep it fresh. Don't just become a tired old formula like ZP. You won't get the universal admiration but you will keep me entertained. :)

Having said that: "Alo! Its ME! HITMAN!" has become practically a catch phrase for me... Thats a little sad isn't it? Oh well...

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
Yet again, another De-rez movie, another style (in fact my comments are more repetitive than the De-Rez movies!).

Another great episode, definately the best so far.

Ricky Gervais - watch out!!

Rath709

Mar 18, 2008
Google Image Search failed to turn up an adequate result for "Stop Wasting Bandwidth" that I could boilerplate to these movies.

Summy

Feb 13, 2008
Really liked this , office also one of my favortite shows so guess that might have been a factor :p .

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
Er, did anyone else notice that the lady meant to make the game 'politically correct' was *ahem* wearing a really low cut top? Resist ... urge ... to whistle and press use key to offer a bill to shake that booty... ;)

And for those who don't know, I could have sworn I remember reading about people who were trying to make mods for other games that were Duke Nukem themed and were handed cease and desist orders. :p