Stalin vs. Martians Coming This Fall

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Stalin vs. Martians Coming This Fall

Stalin vs. Martians [http://www.bwf-game.com/], an upcoming release with a catchy name and the year's most bizarre real-time strategy experience.

The game is described as fast, simple, intuitive and incredibly fun, as well as trashy, over-the-top and "a perfect choice for anyone who just hates the strategy genre." In the summer of 1942, the Martians land somewhere in Siberia and launch an attack against the glorious people of Holy Mother Russia, prompting Stalin to take personal control of the country's anti-ET military forces. Players will take over command of the Red Army [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army]forces in a top secret campaign to kick the butts of the Martians.

"We can talk for hours about Stalin and all the controversies that surround him. We're Russian and we possibly know the subject better than you," according to the game's official FAQ. "But all this talk doesn't make any sense, you know, at all. Accept Stalin vs. Martians as a Montypythonesque [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_python] humor or get the fuck out of here."

The developers say that along with conventional RTS units, Stalin himself will be a playable unit in the late stages of the game when he will appear as a colossus five times larger than any other creature, just like in real life. They also promise that despite appearances, this is not a joke. "The game is real. It is in development, it will be released, you can buy it and drool on it for months. That's what makes the project THAT important," they said. "It is here and now, and it is absolutely unique."

Featuring plenty of weird gameplay, "pretty like schoolgirl with a kitten" graphics and "martian forces (that) look like a gay parade of Dreamlore Games [http://www.nintendo.com]website.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
"But all this talk doesn't make any sense, you know, at all. Accept Stalin vs. Martians as a Montypythonesque humor or get the fuck out of here."

If only every game developer/publisher said it so poetically, would be the end of Fox & Thompson :)

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
For Mother Russia!

Он је један од најутицајнијих писаца руске књижевности. Према ширини и значају утицаја, посебно у модернизму светски је писац у рангу Шекспира и Сервантеса.

teh_snakerer

Jan 11, 2008
I'd have preferred Lenin, Stolypin, Tsar nicholas and many wisecracks at the autocracy and some Straussman.

Seems more appropriate, really.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
I think Russia won if my history is correct. Then he went on to destroy Germany and beat Hitler.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
PurpleRain said:
I think Russia won if my history is correct. Then he went on to destroy Germany and beat Hitler.
Australian propaganda! You corrupt the minds of the young and ignorant.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
This looks fun. I wonder if we'll be able to play as the Martians though?

- A procrastinator

Fiskmasen

Apr 6, 2008
Looking at some of the screenshots (http://www.dreamloregames.com/stalin/eng/screenshot002.jpg ) we're about to blow up thousands of pikmin's! Which, in it's own right, is awesome. I'm putting this game in my "do buy" list.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
sammyfreak said:
PurpleRain said:
All hail th glorious mother nation Australia. Her bossum rich with gold and soil with wealth for toil! Our home is girth by sea! Mother Australia, rise up against Mars and crush our enemies!

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
PurpleRain said:
sammyfreak said:
PurpleRain said:
All hail th glorious mother nation Australia. Her bossum rich with gold and soil with wealth for toil! Our home is girth by sea! Mother Australia, rise up against Mars and crush our enemies!
Sons of thieves and stranges creatures shall fall to our new alien overlords! All hail space emperor Stalin.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
sammyfreak said:
PurpleRain said:
sammyfreak said:
PurpleRain said:
Sons of thieves and stranges creatures shall fall to our new alien overlords! All hail space emperor Stalin.
Bwahaha! I laugh at your fuzzy faced leader. But noone insult the theives and starnge creatures of this land!