Metal Gear Online Adds New Game Mode

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Metal Gear Online Adds New Game Mode

Following initial delay and complaints about the sign-up process, the Metal Gear Online beta is off and running with a new game mode.

After only half a week of operation, Konami has added a new level that lets you play as Snake. In this mode, one player handles Snake and the rest are separated into two teams, which must either take out Snake in a certain time frame or kill more people on the opposing team.

Snake, meanwhile, is tasked with stealing dog tags by stunning players on either side. This stealth-based gameplay, which involves use of the Solid Eye and camouflage, adds a level of tactical fun to the beta.

Snake will reprise his role for Metal Gear Solid 4 come July in what Sony hopes will be its biggest hit so far, judging by the four different bundle combinations they are releasing for the occasion.

Source: Ars Technica [http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/04/28/new-game-type-and-map-hit-metal-gear-online-beta]

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Too little too late Konami? Sure, I can play as Snake but I'm gonna need to go through that boring download process again aren't I? Even with the appearance of the mighty Solid Snake, is it enough to tear me away from GTA IV? Maybe, but judging by the rest of the beta, not for more than half hour.