The Escapist Wins Webbies

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Escapist Wins Webbies

With its characteristic grace, style and Viking-like ice-blooded ruthlessness, The Escapist has captured its Webby Awards [http://www.webbyawards.com].

The Escapist was nominated in April under the category of RockBand.com [http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/current.php?season=12#webby_entry_games_related], The Escapist completed the sweep, capturing both awards.

"We're absolutely ecstatic both the committee and the community chose to award us with both Webby awards," said Escapist Associate Editor Joe Blancato. "Amid such tough competition, it's both humbling and gratifying to learn we won."

The Webby Awards, established in 1996, recognize excellence in the online arena across a diverse range of nearly 70 categories, including Activism, Fashion, Consumer Electronics, Music, Podcasts and Youth. The complete list of winners, who will be formally recognized at the 12th Annual Webby Awards Ceremony from June 8-10 in New York City, is available here [http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/current.php?season=12].

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
Well done to you all. I'm sure the whole forum community agrees it is well deserved.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
I'm sure this comes as a surprise to no one.

Still, congratulations all the same, guys; good work.

nightfish

Nov 7, 2007
apparently you beat rockband.com, even in the peoples choice - now that is quality.

keep it up.

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
Great work guys. The awards are certainly deserved.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Thanks all! We're so excited to have won both awards. And thanks to the best community ever who jumped up to support us. *tear* /mushy

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Feb 13, 2008
Gotta say I'm glad I came here (originally for ZP) but Malagrys and the others actually get involved and bring us some good scoops without trying to push agendas. Top marks.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
lol why are we congratulating them? it was OUR votes that won the peoples voice award for them.
lets give a hand to all the voters out there *clap clap clap*

seriously, congrats on the award, Escapist. you deserve it

i originally came here for the zero punctuation series, but have found there is much more to this site.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Well congrats you surely do deserve it. Anyway what do you get with this win? A big trphy, Money , Pride?
If it is just pride then you have been swindled.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
A landslide victory! Congratulations, guys, it's well-deserved.

Russian_Assassin said:
Guess the escapist won't beat yahtzee after all XD
Now, now, they said they would beat him if they didn't win. They DIDN'T say they WOULDN'T beat him if they DID win, did they? ;)

Dom Camus

Sep 8, 2006
I was slightly surprised... not that The Escapist doesn't deserve it, but I'm not used to the best nominee winning!

Congrats Escapist. Keep doing your thang! :)

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
Andraste said:
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
Word up G money, now lets go smash a xerox machine.

Congrats to all at the Escapist for some quality journalism, long may it continue.