The Escapist Presents: The Escapist Goes to Epic

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
The Escapist Goes to Epic

A few weeks ago, The Escapist's Team Humidor visited Epic for an exclusive, unprecedented, uncensored look at how the award-winning studio operates. And we brought a camera.

Watch Video

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
I dont want to rain on your parade, but whoever did the voiceover for that video sort of had a rather dull voice.

Sibren

May 13, 2008
sammyfreak said:
I dont want to rain on your parade, but whoever did the voiceover for that video sort of had a rather dull voice.
I came to the comments to post exactly the same :). It sounded like some robot: bleep, bleep, awesome, bleep, sportsroom, bleep, bloop, joke, interview.........

wongu

Nov 28, 2007
Sibren said:
sammyfreak said:
I came to the comments to post exactly the same :). It sounded like some robot: bleep, bleep, awesome, bleep, sportsroom, bleep, bloop, joke, interview.........
Wonder what will it be like if Yahtzhee is doing the commentary and the music he will be using for the video.....

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
That sound at the start of your movies is much louder than the actual sound in the video. Please, tune it down ~~

The narrator sounds like he just woke up and isn't really interested in what he's recording ~~

moromete

Aug 16, 2007
Bah, it's all good, not like they aimed to produce a full lenght documentary on Epic. For the 6 minutes it runs for everything works...

Ian Dorsch

Jul 11, 2006
sammyfreak said:
Meh, it was perfectly fine for what it was: a dude from The Escapist talking about their trip to Epic. I don't need every video to have a narrator that sounds like Yahtzee.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Sibren said:
sammyfreak said:
Me too, unfortunately. But Gears of War looks like my ideal shooter, was it not so violent.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Ok, nice video, but I had the hardest time hearing Cliff.

Oh yes, the voice over was more like "*yawn* mkay... well... this is Epic, blah blah... you know the story so we're going to get this short" more than "woah! men, we're actually standing in front of awesome Epic Studios and we're about to take you into the most a-may-zeen..." :)

oldmanscene24

Jul 11, 2006
While I'll agree with the comments about the blandness of the narrator, I thought the rest of the piece was solid. It was well put together with good music. For a first effort, it was a good job. Keep 'em coming.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
oldmanscene24 said:
It was well put together with good music. For a first effort, it was a good job. Keep 'em coming.
"first effort" ... lolz

Good to see you here. Thanks for the kind words.

Crap_haT said:
Russ was that you? Because if it was you look awesome.
That's me at the end, with the microphone, yes. I hope by "awesome" you mean "dashing." Otherwise, that's kind of creepy.