BioShock Coming to PlayStation 3

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioShock Coming to PlayStation 3

After months of rumors, the hit underwater FPS PlayStation 3 [http://www.cultofrapture.com/].

Few details are currently available, but 2K Games [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189519]. EGM will also include an interview with Jordan Thomas, who took over creative director duties on BioShock from series creator Ken Levine.

Released in August 2007 for the PC and Irrational Games [http://www.xbox.com], and met with immediate critical and commercial acclaim. Take-Two has not yet commented on the news, and no release date has been set.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Nobody should miss out on Bioshock and the 2K Boston/Australia (Irrational) people deserve all the revenue they get from those sales.

Skrapt

May 6, 2008
Agree totally, a brilliant game. One less game for xbox 360 owners to throw in my face too :p

Dante_Alucard

May 16, 2008
NOOOOOOO, I own a ps3 and really didn't want this game to come out. Now I get to hear shit from the xbox fanboys about how sony is always late to the party. At least we bring ice and sodas and beer and scotch. I love scotch down in my belly.

richasr

Dec 13, 2007
it was inevitable once finding out there would be a sequel, it's those dollar symbols that appear in a publisher's eyes. At least it's not coming out on every console/platform ever conceived and being rammed down your throat like a new Tom Clancy game.

Bet you PS3 owners are happy now, terrific game and one of my favourites ever.

Iceman23

Dec 20, 2007
Well good for Irrational Games and 2k, more money for them, the only downside I can see to this is that now the PS3 fanboys are never going to stop saying that this is some sort of sign that the PS3 is going to take every exclusive game the other consoles have and win the console war.

JamesCG

May 3, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Ragweed said:
Dang. I'd wish they'd told me before I'd gotten the PC version during Christmas.
o_O? That's the best version....
If you can run it maybe. Some of us are working off of Celeron 2.4Ghz processors, 256 mb of ram, and an Integrated GFX Card. Well... Probably only me :)

*I actually traded it in, it was good for a first playthrough, but I never felt compelled to play it again, but, good for the PS3 owners.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
JamesCG said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Ragweed said:
Dang. I'd wish they'd told me before I'd gotten the PC version during Christmas.
o_O? That's the best version....
If you can run it maybe. Some of us are working off of Celeron 2.4Ghz processors, 256 mb of ram, and an Integrated GFX Card. Well... Probably only me :)

*I actually traded it in, it was good for a first playthrough, but I never felt compelled to play it again, but, good for the PS3 owners.
-but he bought the game, so I just assumed that he had the system to run it, who the hell would be crazy enough to buy Bioshock for PC with an integrated graphics card?

(If you did this, just don't answer that)

Bioshock isn't that demanding, it just looks so pretty that people think it is demanding, get a dual core processor (which you can find for 50 dollars) and you'll be fine as long as your GPU isn't bad.

I had a problem with sound not coming on but that was my fault, I didn't disable my integrated sound card and GPU (which are practically worthless IMO, they couldn't even load websites).

PC version has that patch that gave all that new content and the new difficulty mode that removed vita chambers, but it's the same game on practically all 2[3] systems, but overall, it's worth about 2 playthroughs.

and just to throw this out there, Steam has a great deal on the game.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Well, great for PS3 owners. You'll finally be able to experience the world of Rapture. Enjoy.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I don't see what the big deal about console exclusivity is. It was a PC and 360 release, which makes it more a matter of it simply not being developed for the PS3 than it being a 360 exclusive. And on the upside for PS3 owners who've had to wait, all the new content and fixes that were issued via patch and DLC will presumably be available out of the box.

(If you're lucky, you'll get a better endgame than we did, too.)

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
TheNecroswanson said:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Bioshock.

And don't feel bad JamesCG, some of us are running on less. AMD Athlon 2.1Ghz, I can't even play Jericho on my rig.
Intel
1.7 ghz processor
1 gig of ram

I struggle to play effin Portal!!

on topic now, yay another reason for me to buy a PS3 for my birthday

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Knight Templar said:
The fanboys will burn 2K over this, but then they would get run over by stolen cars.
Nooo dont burn my possible future employers

yes they will be pissed, yes they will make angry toll like statements

tell em to shove it i say, and get your own exclusives like fable

Skrapt

May 6, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Hey, I'm a 360 owner. So what?
not talking generally, just I don't own either console and whenever i suggest I'm going to buy the ps3 my friends (the ones who owns 360's anyway) immediate reaction is usually 'OMG BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE HALO!!!' and afer I've said I never really enjoyed halo 2 and 3 that much thier next reaction is 'OMG BUT IT DOESN@T HAVE BIOSHOCK' (coming from people who know ive already played it through on the PC :p)

Scary how console wars turn rational people insane sometimes...