You Have to Lock the Entry!

Scott Jon Siegel

Jul 27, 2007
You Have to Lock the Entry!

In "the free card game that anyone can edit," players rush to complete wiki entries while destroying the efforts and edits of their opponents.

Read Full Article

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
Xwii360 said:
This was full of lulz, and I'll probably be going to create a wiki article about it, right now.
Ooooh, I'm goint to edit the hell out of the entry, and replace it with my own stuff! :D

Anyway, this article is great! I never would've thought about such thing :) It's awesome! Care to make a card game about forum moderation? :)

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
I think this could easily be turned into a drinking game, mind. As can any card game I guess. Still, I'm going to try it at the next poker night (seems simple enough to remember) and we'll see how it plays down with an elitist group. Nice work. Nice to see some new material popping up occasionally.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
That Wikipedia; Edit Wars idea is clever.

Each card in the entry is worth one point, with the exception of the face card that started the entry, which is worth two. The player with the highest score for the entry wins that entry. Score every entry in this manner, and the player with the most entries wins the game.
That Wikipedia; Edit Wars idea is clever.

It's like the north american election system. Having slightly above 50% is all you need per entry. As such, you don't need to waste all your cards to get 80% of the points, since it's the number of entries which wins, not the total number of points.

You could really make a more complex version of the game, by having the "excuses", like, you know, Original Research, Homophobic Speech, etc.
They'd likely be dependant of the entry's topic, but this would be nice.