X-Play Displays Rock Band 2 Tracks

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
X-Play Displays Rock Band 2 Tracks

An episode of X-Play has unexpectedly shown nine previously unknown songs for Harmonix's upcoming Rock Band 2.

A couple of days after Rock Band 2 was announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/84738] by Harmonix, G4's X-Play featured a short segment showing the game's song selector, which spilled nine new songs.

The music choosing screen allows for song sorting based on various categories and difficulty levels. It appears that downloadable content, which is compatible with both the original and upcoming Rock Bad release, will be listed along with the included songs and is denoted with an arrow next to the track title.

The nine songs shown on X-Play were:
[ul]
[li]Dream Theater or Finger Eleven - "Panic Attack"[/li]
[li]System of a Down - "Chop Suey"[/li]
[li]Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give It Away"[/li]
[li]Foo Fighters - "Everlong"[/li]
[li]Kim Wilde - "Kids in America"[/li]
[li]Motörhead - "Ace of Spades"[/li]
[li]Cheap Trick - "Hello There"[/li]
[li]Journey - "Any Way You Want It"[/li]
[li]The Who - "Pinball Wizard"[/li]
[/ul]

Expect more of the potentially 300-song long playlist before Rock Band 2's release this September on the Xbox 360 and other systems later this year.

Source: ScoreHero [http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10929&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0] via Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/x-play-airs-screencap-of-rock-band-2-song-selection-screen-update--93309.phtml]

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
funny how rock band hasn't been out long and they've already announced the tracks for the next one. Good one EA, bringing out another game bang right after the one before, just like all your other games. I don't blame harmonix as EA are most likely pestering them to get the game out.

sandswipe

Nov 28, 2007
Rock Band came out last november. I'd say a yearly release is reasonable on a game that requires (comparitively) no work on graphics, in-game engine, or story. Add in a couple of extra features like Bass tour, stick in a few extra songs, and release the same game again. Since the DLC works between both Rock Band games with no issue, as evidenced by the two old DLC songs in that screenshot and at least two announcements, I've got no problem with a yearly release.

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
no i was actually mainly talking about the EU release, only came out like 2 months ago

GingerFace

Feb 15, 2008
and hey, it isnt even out for the ps3 in europe yet, god only knows when THIS'LL come out for euopean ps3's

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Rezfon said:
no i was actually mainly talking about the EU release, only came out like 2 months ago
Then what's the problem? You won't see Rock Band 2 until like, 2010, or something.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
thebobmaster said:
It does seem odd that they would be able to confirm tracks only two days after Rock Band 2 was actually confirmed.
Again, the whole thing is just some copy, paste, waste your money on the same game, scheme. It sickens me...

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Again, the whole thing is just some copy, paste, waste your money on the same game, scheme. It sickens me...
Given that they're making sure that downloaded songs will be available for both games, and will continue to be in the future, I have to disagree here. It's not like they're slapping 30 songs and some new art on different subtitled games (see Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, with Metallica and Van Halen rumored).

Given how much play time my copy of Rock Band has gotten, both solo and as a focal point at parties, I'll gladly pick up their new version for an updated interface and some tweaked features - and more songs, of course.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that by switching to RB2, we lose the songs that shipped with RB1. It would be nice if there was some way to move those onto the console and continue playing them without having to keep both copies on hand (and deal with the hassle of switching discs and different interfaces). Hell, if they put them all up for download, I'd at least be willing to pay for a few of them.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
I hope to god that Panic Attack is Dream Theater, because that song is indeed awesome. Plus, I've been waiting for some Dream Theater in Rock Band for awhile. So I look forward to Rock Band 2 already.

EDIT: After taking a look at the difficulty, it isn't Dream Theater, it'd be upwards towards impossible difficulty if it was Dream Theater.