#149: Out of the Frying Pan

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
1,825
6
43
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Female
I just love how Zen Althea looks in the final panel, like she's truly at peace at last.

Amid the whirling maelstrom of flames and mayhem she has wrought with her magical affinities.
 

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
5,499
0
0
Deathfish15 said:
What's up with the ridiculously large can of soda?
Corporate HQ Art. Pretty much standard fare for any decent sized corp with recognizable branding. You'd see that at Pepsi and Coke HQ most definitely.
 

Guffe

New member
Jul 12, 2009
5,106
0
0
So... did one of the little buggers evolve into a phoenix, or is that a new summon?
Because if they evolve... all hell is about to break loose!
 

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
2,755
0
0
Guy in the top right of last panel just looks so exasperated with the whole being a guard thing.

"Could have stayed in my hometown. Could have got a job in the item shop on the corner street. But no I needed to see the world, have adventure and now I'm getting ferried around by flaming bats summon by a healer."

Edit

Just noticed shield guy is still standing. That guy knows what's up
 

bdeamon

New member
Mar 20, 2013
119
0
0
Just wondering, is there an end planned? I do like where the comic is going, but I still have the paranoid fear that it will be suddenly canceled.
 

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
8,687
0
0
RJ 17 said:
Yes....YESSSSSS! EMBRACE THE FLAME! BURN IT! BURN IT ALLLLL DOWN! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! NYAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm glad to see that she's taken my advice. :^)
 

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
Aug 9, 2020
2,315
1
43
Country
United States
RJ 17 said:
RJ 17 said:
Yes....YESSSSSS! EMBRACE THE FLAME! BURN IT! BURN IT ALLLLL DOWN! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! NYAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm glad to see that she's taken my advice. :^)
Ah. I do love that gif. :D

Also, I like the one guard being carried away by two fire imps.
Just has a "Well, this is my life now. :/", kind of face.
 

xxobot

New member
Jun 2, 2014
57
0
0
You would think they would understand the ages old concept "Geek the mage"

ie. Ignore the summons and focus down the one bringing them to our world...

Mages are so hurty, but so very, very squishy.
 

Rebel_Raven

New member
Jul 24, 2011
1,606
0
0
Mystery mystery~! Where's notsephiroth? He vanished! To what ends?

But there's so much awesome going on, too.
<youtube=XchwE9zVdnw>
 

BX3

New member
Mar 7, 2011
659
0
0
Big ups to the scientist guy trying his best to put out the fires amidst all the chaos.

He may not make much headway, but the effort is commendable.
 

Maphysto

New member
Dec 11, 2010
195
0
0
Windknight said:
I just love how Zen Althea looks in the final panel, like she's truly at peace at last.

Amid the whirling maelstrom of flames and mayhem she has wrought with her magical affinities.
If you look carefully, the tune she's whistling is written out in fiery notes next to her head.
 

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
4,828
0
0
Hey, I'm just saying, the shield guys still up. He don't give a fuck.
 

LenticularHomicide

New member
Oct 24, 2013
127
0
0
bdeamon said:
Just wondering, is there an end planned? I do like where the comic is going, but I still have the paranoid fear that it will be suddenly canceled.
If it is canceled, it won't be by the Escapist. Erin Dies Alone is a Patreon-supported comic, so it's entirely owned by Cory and Grey. Strips are cross-posed to dyingalone.net.

(Uh, I just read the Patreon [https://www.patreon.com/posts/so-whats-going-5231490]. Okay, maybe a leeetle paranoia is warranted.)
 

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
498
0
0
LenticularHomicide said:
bdeamon said:
Just wondering, is there an end planned? I do like where the comic is going, but I still have the paranoid fear that it will be suddenly canceled.
If it is canceled, it won't be by the Escapist. Erin Dies Alone is a Patreon-supported comic, so it's entirely owned by Cory and Grey. Strips are cross-posed to dyingalone.net.

(Uh, I just read the Patreon [https://www.patreon.com/posts/so-whats-going-5231490]. Okay, maybe a leeetle paranoia is warranted.)
Yeah that Patreon has me pretty worried now too.