#149: Out of the Frying Pan

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
I just love how Zen Althea looks in the final panel, like she's truly at peace at last.

Amid the whirling maelstrom of flames and mayhem she has wrought with her magical affinities.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Deathfish15 said:
What's up with the ridiculously large can of soda?
Corporate HQ Art. Pretty much standard fare for any decent sized corp with recognizable branding. You'd see that at Pepsi and Coke HQ most definitely.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
So... did one of the little buggers evolve into a phoenix, or is that a new summon?
Because if they evolve... all hell is about to break loose!

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Guy in the top right of last panel just looks so exasperated with the whole being a guard thing.

"Could have stayed in my hometown. Could have got a job in the item shop on the corner street. But no I needed to see the world, have adventure and now I'm getting ferried around by flaming bats summon by a healer."

Edit

Just noticed shield guy is still standing. That guy knows what's up

bdeamon

Mar 20, 2013
Just wondering, is there an end planned? I do like where the comic is going, but I still have the paranoid fear that it will be suddenly canceled.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
RJ 17 said:
Yes....YESSSSSS! EMBRACE THE FLAME! BURN IT! BURN IT ALLLLL DOWN! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! NYAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm glad to see that she's taken my advice. :^)

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
RJ 17 said:
RJ 17 said:
Yes....YESSSSSS! EMBRACE THE FLAME! BURN IT! BURN IT ALLLLL DOWN! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! NYAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm glad to see that she's taken my advice. :^)
Ah. I do love that gif. :D

Also, I like the one guard being carried away by two fire imps.
Just has a "Well, this is my life now. :/", kind of face.

xxobot

Jun 2, 2014
You would think they would understand the ages old concept "Geek the mage"

ie. Ignore the summons and focus down the one bringing them to our world...

Mages are so hurty, but so very, very squishy.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Mystery mystery~! Where's notsephiroth? He vanished! To what ends?

But there's so much awesome going on, too.
<youtube=XchwE9zVdnw>

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Big ups to the scientist guy trying his best to put out the fires amidst all the chaos.

He may not make much headway, but the effort is commendable.

Maphysto

Dec 11, 2010
Windknight said:
I just love how Zen Althea looks in the final panel, like she's truly at peace at last.

Amid the whirling maelstrom of flames and mayhem she has wrought with her magical affinities.
If you look carefully, the tune she's whistling is written out in fiery notes next to her head.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Hey, I'm just saying, the shield guys still up. He don't give a fuck.

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
bdeamon said:
Just wondering, is there an end planned? I do like where the comic is going, but I still have the paranoid fear that it will be suddenly canceled.
If it is canceled, it won't be by the Escapist. Erin Dies Alone is a Patreon-supported comic, so it's entirely owned by Cory and Grey. Strips are cross-posed to dyingalone.net.

(Uh, I just read the Patreon [https://www.patreon.com/posts/so-whats-going-5231490]. Okay, maybe a leeetle paranoia is warranted.)

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
LenticularHomicide said:
bdeamon said:
If it is canceled, it won't be by the Escapist. Erin Dies Alone is a Patreon-supported comic, so it's entirely owned by Cory and Grey. Strips are cross-posed to dyingalone.net.

(Uh, I just read the Patreon [https://www.patreon.com/posts/so-whats-going-5231490]. Okay, maybe a leeetle paranoia is warranted.)
Yeah that Patreon has me pretty worried now too.