Bring Down the Sky For PC Now Available

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bring Down the Sky For PC Now Available

Mass Effect [http://www.bioware.com], is now available to PC gamers free of charge.

Featuring an uncharted world, roughly 90 minutes of gameplay and all-new music, Bring Down the Sky brings players face-to-face with Batarian extremists who hijack a mobile asteroid station and set it on a collision course with the nearby colony of Terra Nova. Only Commander Shepard and the crew of the Normandy can save millions of innocent lives from impending doom.

Bring Down the Sky is available for English, Spanish, Italian and German versions of the game, which more languages coming soon. The new DLC can be added to the game by registering and launching Mass Effect and following the on-screen instructions. For more information, go to masseffect.bioware.com [http://masseffect.bioware.com/galacticcodex/bringdownthesky_pc.html].

Alone Disciple

Jun 10, 2008
WTH? So the game is already discounted as a PC game, and now the expansion is free? Yes, I'm bitching because I just paid like 600 MP for my 360 DLC.

BTW, what happened to all this DLC that bioware said was happening for ME? One 90 minute side quest hardly qualifies as 'tons of DLC that will be available'.

Sigh

GoldenShadow

May 13, 2008
Content takes time to make, and then more time to be thoroughly tested.
And I've been waiting for this. I beat Mass Effect one time, and I wanted this expansion before I started a new playthrough.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Choices:

Thank you bioware!

Yay!

ABOUT TIME!

Investigate:

Tell me more about "Bringing Down the Sky"

"What took you so long?"

"Who designed those Batarians? They look like stupid!"

Alone Disciple said:
WTH? So the game is already discounted as a PC game, and now the expansion is free? Yes, I'm bitching because I just paid like 600 MP for my 360 DLC.

BTW, what happened to all this DLC that bioware said was happening for ME? One 90 minute side quest hardly qualifies as 'tons of DLC that will be available'.

Sigh
Yes but you got it WAY earlier, we were promised to get this at release, shit hit the fan, and about 3 months later it arrives, when it was delayed, they said "it'll be done in a few days" - hehe, oh Bioware and Demiurge, you rascals.

I have a feeling that beating the game twice is going to make me a little overpowered against these Bats but hey, time to save da galaxy.

Alex_P

All I really do is threadcrap
Mar 27, 2008
Alone Disciple said:
If it's any consolation, I spent like five hours getting Mass Effect to install on a brand-new machine. Does that make us even? ;)

-- Alex

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
Alone Disciple said:

Sigh
That's because companies can get away with charging console users for additional content. PC users have long expected any updates or additional content (barring expansion packs) be provided free of charge.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
...And it still doesn't work. "cd key already in use"

I never thought i would have to pirate a free expansion to a legal game because it doesn't work.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Hmm, maybe it's because I haven't played in a long time but this patch seems to have made performance slower, it doesn't come to a screeching halt or anything but the textures take a long time to load up now, I restarted the game and it started working...but then when I play the decryption minigame it lags.

High-Res textures and hyperthreading: NO PROBLEM, says my computer.

Dumbed down "Frogger" minigame: Ohh...dear....God..wwhy?..Whyyy??

Asehujiko said:
...And it still doesn't work. "cd key already in use"

I never thought i would have to pirate a free expansion to a legal game because it doesn't work.
Really? are you sure you copied the BDTS CD Key and not the Mass Effect CD Key? You have to go to the website and log in, then copy that one.