Fallout 3 Dated

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fallout 3 Dated

The end grows ever closer: Fallout 3 [http://www.bethsoft.com].

The game will hit North American shelves on October 28, and land in Europe three days later, on October 31. Bethesda Softworks is expecting big things from the game, according to company President Vlatko Andonov, who said, "To meet the huge demand for this title by our fans worldwide, we are planning one of the biggest launches of any game released this year."

The latest entry in the Fallout franchise moves the action to the area surrounding Washington, D.C., where the player grows up as a member of Vault 101, 200 years after a nuclear holocaust has turned the world into an irradiated desert. Emerging from the Vault, gamers will face postwar organizations including the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave, as well as other assorted denizens of the wasteland. Technologically, the game has shifted from the isometric point of view of the first two titles to a selectable first-person or third-person perspective similar to that seen in the company's previous title, the Elder Scrolls RPG Oblivion [http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_overview.htm]. The turn-based combat of the original titles has also been changed to a real-time system incorporating the "Vault-tec Assisted Targeting System," which uses tactical pauses to simulate turns and allows for targeting of specific body parts.

Fallout 3 is being released for the PC, Fallout 3 website [http://www.xbox.com].

Perwer

Apr 2, 2008
I have big expectations from this game. Let's hope they've learned from their mistakes on Oblivion.

MrBliss

Jul 25, 2008
There's been a lot of naysayers who think Bethesda can't do the series justice, but i'm really looking forward to this, I just hope it has more voice actors than Oblivion did.

Think i'll go place my pre-order for the collectors edition now.

wrpg dude 1

Aug 17, 2008
conqueror Kenny post=7.69229.653533 said:
Looks like I will have to choose between this and Fable. Oh the indecision!
shit crap shit crap fable L4D or fallout three whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy why god why do u torure me

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Why does the gaming gods hate us!!! Summer releases please! My grade point average is totally going to drop, because of this, too many awesome games at the same time. This is probably why I only get straight As after Christmas when the gaming drought begins to start again.

Though I''m leaning to Fable right now, but have to wait for reviews. It would be cool if they did back to back reviews, maybe from X-Play or Yahtzee.

oneofm4ny

May 27, 2007
I've seen some live gameplay footage yesterday at the Games Convention Leipzig Germany and I'm still not convinced.

Essentially they showed a lot of combat being a huge gore fest. Well the bethesda guy playing chose the bloody mess perk in the beginning. So no big surprise ;)

A lot of the old Fallout stuff is back: the skills, perks, karma, the brotherhood of steel, the enclave, various combat drugs (jet anyone?) and addictions of course.

"You can be bad, good or evil ... err I mean bad, good and neutral."
Sounds good to me. Too bad we weren't shown any social interaction apart from killing people and looting corpses. Wait that isn't even social! ;)

Graphics are rather bleak, but not in a good sense. A lot of random looking rubble. Any special places like the Washington Monument were only visible in far distance.

The VATS system seemed more like a gimmick and had some minor camera issues.

I don't have a clue how quest, talking to people, bartering and stealth will work.
Anything shown wasn't really different from any other shooter.

Issues aside I can't wait to play it myself. 20 minutes demonstration was just too short.

Hey but I got a free t-shirt and a bottle of Fallout 3 "Purified Water"!!111

anNIALLator

Jul 24, 2008
I think i'll wait for Fallout. It looks good, but not drop every other game good. There's just too many games coming out over the next 3 months.