Stolen Pixels #15: Azeroth Travelogue, Part 2

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #15: Azeroth Travelogue, Part 2

In this edition of Stolen Pixels, we learn that the only thing more horrifying than the undead having sex is the undead having sex on a bearskin rug in front of a Druid.

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
I always wondered about that sex and undead thing...Don't even want to think about skeletons. And I refuse to make the required "boner" joke here.

Loneduck3

Jul 12, 2008
Depends. Does he just have the Bear form, or the Dire Bear form? Because the latter would... you know... it would be more... more dire.

JFargo

Jul 22, 2008
Heh. Very nice. I think you've really nailed it with these past couple strips, whatever "it" is.

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
I got the impression that undead didn't enjoy anything or reproduce, which would kind of make sex a little pointless.

Mythnomer

Aug 15, 2008
shMerker post=6.69617.666354 said:
I got the impression that undead didn't enjoy anything or reproduce, which would kind of make sex a little pointless.
I was under the impression that they enjoyed attempting to create more forsaken and the experimentation/torture of living creatures that it involved. At least thats the impression all the forsaken quests give you.

vede

Dec 4, 2007
Funniest yet, Shamus!

I've got to agree about "Grognok stab you after he done picking flowers" being the best line.

It's the best line.

Lorechaser

Aug 28, 2004
Hey now. Druids also turn in to cats, and seals.

And remember that there are good undead and bad undead. The bad ones just want to rend your gibbets. The good ones will talk to you first.

NobleBear

Jul 9, 2008
I enjoy bears a great deal so being able to turn into one is an immensely appealing notion.
That said, druids do seem rather one dimensional and even I would tire very quickly.

Undead sex; that is both wrong and hysterical.

Good work as always, Shamus. :D

lluewhyn

Aug 26, 2008
Eh, another seeming in-joke to me. I haven't played any of the games that have been discussed here or the similar screen-shot comics on Shamus's website, but I have found the humor in all of them except these WoW ones. It must be like the punchline at the bottom of this comic: http://www.hlcomic.com/index.php?date=2006-06-04

You either have played the game and get the joke or you haven't and....don't.

Bongo Bill

Jul 13, 2006
My mirth level is about a 8.0 on the Standard Skelton-Cleese Amusement Index. The comic itself only registered a 7.4, but the accompanying text pushed it up a bit.

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
Mythnomer post=6.69617.666464 said:
shMerker post=6.69617.666354 said:
I was under the impression that they enjoyed attempting to create more forsaken and the experimentation/torture of living creatures that it involved. At least thats the impression all the forsaken quests give you.
Point taken, but doesn't that mean that "reproduction" is not through sex and that the experimentation/torture doesn't really leave any time for it anyway? Yes, I'm going to keep making this discussion geekier and geekier until one of us gives up.