15-Minute Game of Thrones Preview Showcases Season 4

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
suitepee7 said:
hazabaza1 said:
thanks, fixed my spoiler tags!

anyway
i know she's imprisoned for quite a while, until loras tyrell hears her out and decides there must be more to renly's death than originally appeared. however i couldn't tell you when exactly she was released in regards to tyrion's trial, i would have guessed it was during the trial, but before the trial by combat. i'm pretty sure jaime's last meeting with her (and the last time we hear of her until her own chapters) is jaime giving her his sword, but i'm not sure when exactly that is... i only read the book again about 3 weeks back and the detail slipped me
I'm fuzzy on that detail too.

I'm pretty sure Jamie was occupied from Joffery's death onward, and if I remember rightly he went off to do his own thing about Tully before the trial by combat. Everything I remember seems to be saying that she's off adventuring when Tyrion is being trialed (is that a word?) but maybe not.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Sight Unseen said:
hazabaza1 said:
Sight Unseen said:
hazabaza1 said:
Sight Unseen said:
hazabaza1 said:
Looks like Fat Belwas is no longer fat. Dangit HBO that was basically his defining characteristic. Still, it seems that
Joffery still ends up kicking the bucket and Tyrion probably ends up killing Tywin. Glad to see they're sticking with the books even though I heard they've been allowed to split from the story.

And Jamie's golden hand looks pretty fancy.

Getting to the end of book 5-1 right now but I'll still be watching this, should be fun.

Also seeing Tyrion with his TV scar really reminds me just how different he is in the books, he basically loses half his face in the battle of the Blackwater.
I think they replaced Strong Belwas with Daario in the show.
I dunno, I'm assuming the lancer and the other guy at 29 seconds or so in is supposed to be the fight Belwas has outside that one city and that guy doesn't look beefy enough to be Daario.
I could be completely wrong about this mind you, but I don't think I've seen that guy before.
They recast Daario for season 4. He looks like this now:

...huh.
Anybody know the reason why? Reading the books the guy they cast had the same kind of face and body I'd imagine Daario having. This guy looks like any other dude.
Not sure why but they also recast Tommen and the Mountain (again) for season 4.

Might be a bit confusing for casual show watchers, especially since the new Tommen actor also played Martyn Lannister who got killed by Karstark in season 3.
...oh god my brain.
I mean I can understand the Tommen casting because he's older now and is going to be more important in the story and nobody cares about Martyn Lannister anyway but I didn't realize Gregor was even in Harrenhall until someone who had read the books mentioned that the one guy was him. The first guy for Gregor was perfect, I'm so confused.

I'm just going to say that everyone is from Braavos and can change their faces like Jaqen can. Makes things a lot simpler.
They lost the original Mountain actor because he got cast for a role in (I believe) the Hobbit, and so he left to do that.

The new mountain should be the best one. He's fucking scary! 6 ft 9 in and an Icelandic weight lifting champion.

(no camera tricks here)

Another casting change for the show is that the actor for Ilyn Payne ( the headsman) tragically died of cancer, and they are retiring his character from the show completely. So they'll have to find a replacement for
Jaime's journey's through the riverlands. My vote is on Bronn being the guy that Jaime trains with since he's a fan favorite and Bronn does pretty much fuck all after book 3 anyway.

Also- for anyone who was wondering why the Greatjon wasn't in any of season 3, his actor had his ear bitten off by drunken Scotsmen while in a bar... So... yeah...

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
I'm fuzzy on that detail too.

I'm pretty sure Jamie was occupied from Joffery's death onward, and if I remember rightly he went off to do his own thing about Tully before the trial by combat. Everything I remember seems to be saying that she's off adventuring when Tyrion is being trialed (is that a word?) but maybe not.
hmm, well i think
jaime didn't return until after the royal wedding, because cersei gets bitchy that he could have done something if he was there. but he doesn't leave kings landing for quite a while, because he attends tywin's funeral (i remember him comforting king tommen after he runs out crying because of the smell of tywin's corpse). bear in mind he HAS to be there at some point during one part of the trial, because he's the one that frees tyrion after he loses the combat trial. so brienne has to leave before him, and he stays until after tywin's funeral, so it is possible that jaime does not leave kings landing - but brienne DOES reach her badass moments - while being roughly the same time.

christ, if anybody accidentally clicks my spoiler tags, i've just ruined soooo much in that post xD

edit:
Sight Unseen said:
Another casting change for the show is that the actor for Ilyn Payne ( the headsman) tragically died of cancer, and they are retiring his character from the show completely. So they'll have to find a replacement for
Jaime's journey's through the riverlands. My vote is on Bronn being the guy that Jaime trains with since he's a fan favorite and Bronn does pretty much fuck all after book 3 anyway.
seriously? well that sucks, both for the actor and the show (more the former though) =\ the thing is though, jaime only trains with Ilyn because he literally cannot speak of how awful he is at swordplay now, unless he starts off semi-decent in the TV version instead...