15 New Songs Unveiled for The Beatles: Rock Band

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
15 New Songs Unveiled for The Beatles: Rock Band

[flowplayer=http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/inc/swf/assets/mp4/Trailer2.mp4]​
MTV Games has revealed 15 more songs that will be included in the upcoming music game The Beatles: Rock Band [http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/], including "Twist and Shout," "Paperback Writer," "Birthday" and "Revolution."

The songs include hits from throughout The Beatles long history, from the early days of the Cavern Club to the band's legendary concert on the roof of the Apple Corps building. Songs in the game will be presented in a wide range of venues, including the Ed Sullivan Theater, Shea Stadium, Budokan and Abbey Road Dreamscape. The newly-unveiled tracks include:

Twist And Shout
Do You Want To Know A Secret
Can't Buy Me Love
I Wanna Be Your Man
Eight Days A Week
Paperback Writer
And Your Bird Can Sing
Yellow Submarine
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With a Little Help from My Friends
Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows
Revolution
Birthday
Dig A Pony
I've Got A Feeling

The total number of songs announced for the game now totals 25. The full Abbey Road album is also scheduled to be released as a future digital download while "All You Need is Love" will be available as an Xbox 360 exclusive download for a limited time when the game is released. The Beatles: Rock Band is set for release on September 9 for the Wii [http://www.xbox.com].

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Can't wait. The Beatles are the best band ever, and it's about time that their loyal fans will finally get a chance to tunelessly kareoke to their greatest hits.

Also what's up with the "Tobacco References" warning on the video? That's going too far.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
WOW! OWNED! I'd never thought much of Rock Band until now. But I think I found my first purchase! FUCKING SWEET!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
The video you got there was a nice touch, though it sorta cramps the story stuffed on the side like that.

But as for the content of the news: YELLOW SUBMARINE.

That was all I needed to hear.

EDIT: Yeah, after messing with the code, I have to wonder why you didn't center it. I guess it's just my preference, but I like things centered.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I was completely sold from the moment it was announced, so this just provides further reason to be excited. There's no way this could possibly go wrong.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
If Rock Band 2 didn't sell me on the concept, Rock Band Beatles has, in spades!

Well, I'm off to sell a few organs in the black market!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
thecaptainof said:
I was completely sold from the moment it was announced, so this just provides further reason to be excited. There's no way this could possibly go wrong.
Yes, absolutely no possible way. They've just put new music in an existing game so this is a guaranteed hit. If people can swallow the price tag.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
The main reason I'm buying this is to try and get my Dad into a game as he's a big Beatles fan

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
I like how in the video, Ringo wears that same dopey smile throughout. I can almost imagine his thought processes Wow... this is really cool...So...I guess I'm like a major rock star now...I wonder why the drums are so far back on the stage? I'm like miles away from the other guys... etc. etc.

It's too bad that there are still only four parts to play. They ought to let you cover both guitars and the bass, and allow up to five players.

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
If Rock Band 2 didn't sell me on the concept, Rock Band Beatles has, in spades!

Well, I'm off to sell a few organs in the black market!

Me too... anyone a kidney??

LostNumber

Jul 17, 2009
HobbesMkii said:
I like how in the video, Ringo wears that same dopey smile throughout. I can almost imagine his thought processes Wow... this is really cool...So...I guess I'm like a major rock star now...I wonder why the drums are so far back on the stage? I'm like miles away from the other guys... etc. etc.

It's too bad that there are still only four parts to play. They ought to let you cover both guitars and the bass, and allow up to five players.
They do allow 3 singers (each singing a different harmony), so you can have up to 6 players. A second guitar would have been great, though.

I was really hoping for Yellow Submarine and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, looks like I won't be disappointed. This game just keeps looking better and better.

Radu889

Dec 14, 2007
I'd get this just to play Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band with my friends.