15 year old girl kills herself after persistent bullying

DerangedHobo

Jan 11, 2012
Driekan said:
DerangedHobo said:
Implying anyone should care about her.
I mean 100s commit suicide each day, why did they rule out her?
Because of crocodile tears.
It's not like she was the nerdy kid in the lunch line who got picked up because they were an "easy target". She "flashed" multiple times and she slept with someone in a relationship. That is why she was bullied, because she had a reputation of a "slut".
What is it with this victim mentality these days? Why are the suicidal kids glorified and put on a pedestal?
inb4 ban.
What I argue is that being a "slut" should not be seen as a terrible thing.

In my experience, being a polygamous man is something that is consistently glorified, so the women should get the same benefit.

Would have prevented this from ever becoming an issue.
My definition of a "Slut" is someone who is "Someone who is basically, a cum dumpster, a vacuous one at that".
My point was, she brought this upon herself, her actions caused this, you don't saw off your leg with a chainsaw and then say "WAAA I GOT MY LEG CUT OFF, GIVE ME SYMPATHY". I would care about her if anything of value was actually lost when she offed herself.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
From all the discussion I have seen on the Internet, everyone seem be to trying to find someone to blame for the horrible incident. Not very constructive IMHO.

Something needs to be done to prevent something like this from happening again.

Kids (and teenagers) named to be protected from themselves to some extend and there need to be consequences for the bullying that goes on.

How? Good question. Times have changed a lot thanks to the Internet. /sigh

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
matthew_lane said:
Vegosiux said:
matthew_lane said:
Vegosiux said:
"And that is why she had to die" or something?
No, she had to die because she killed herself. Thats kind of a symptom of successfully committing suicide... Death. In fact its the primary symptom.
Care to reply to the rest, especially that question you already failed to answer once, after which I proceeded to request an answer again?
I already did answer it. Your question was "are you actually going to argue she was the only person making any kind of decisions one needs to be accountable for in this entire saga?"

To which the answer is this: It doesn't matter what anyone else did, she can't change what they did, only what she does. Was the guy an arsehole, yes. Did he kill her, no. She killed herself, she flashed the guy, she slept with someone elses boyfriend & she eventually killed herself.

She took the cowards way out, after a short life time of making stupid mistakes. Even when she suffered from the negative feedback from her own actions, she refused to moderate her own actions, constantly going back to make the same mistakes over & over again.

Killing yourself, after blaming everyone else & refusing to acknowledge your own part in events is down right cowardly.
Yeah it sounds cold for sure but I think you are pretty spot on.

The only thing I'd not is that not everyone is entirely in control of their own faculties. I don't know this gal in particular but emotions and chemical imbalances can overwhelm someone far beyond the scope of reason.

When rational people try to rationalize the irrational problems will arise.

But yeah that last sentence is pretty spot on methinks.

Mau95

Nov 11, 2011
Isn't this the one where Anonymous claimed they found the guy responsible and it turned out it wasn't him and now he's getting infinite hatemail?

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
As much as I hate the stupid Facebook keyboard warriors creating useless memorial pages for some sort of moral high, I don't see how anyone of stable mind can condone the suicide of a teenage girl who admittedly acted stupidly. Bulling is a disgusting thing which I must say I haven't experienced (someone tried it but I easily outsmarted him when he made attempts at insults. Also it didn't phase me) but I have seen its catastrophic effects. Cop yourselves on and have a tiny bit of humility all the same

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
In Search of Username said:
chadachada123 said:
White Lightning said:
I don't want to be "that guy" but according to the article she was posting explicit videos and photos of herself online and got upset when some guy shared them with "everyone". Something tells me alot this could of been avoided if she wasn't an attention whore and kept her clothes on.
What I don't understand is how this could be an issue in an age when literally (and I do mean literally) at LEAST 30% of girls in high school have shared something nude or highly sexual with someone else.

Seriously.

I hardly know a single girl in real life from high school personally that didn't share nude pics at some point before graduation, and most of them were at some point at least viewed by someone other than the intended recipient, but never did my high school have bullying problems related to it other than ONE single case by a bunch of jock assholes and a girl that dated one of them.

Shit, I don't know what age my own damn sister was, but she's shared nude pics with her now-ex boyfriend and understood that he'd probably end up showing some of his friends (who, sadly, include most of my friends).

The case here seems a bit of an anomaly, since a huge minority (possibly a majority) of girls under 18 now have done the exact same thing without massive bullying.
Your high school sounds insane. Pretty sure it's not like that everywhere. :p
was like that in my school days, and is the same in everyday life. people LOVE dirty gossip

Spartan Altego

Aug 7, 2012
Wakikifudge said:
Spartan Altego said:
Wakikifudge said:
Snip
Snip
It's fine, people tend to have strong reactions when it comes to events like this. Don't worry about it.

I called it a coward's act because it's taking the easiest route away from pain. It's an act that requires you be incredibly selfish and absorbed in your own self-pity. It requires that you disregard the feelings of others, disregard your self of self-worth, end your own existence forever. I can't empathize with that because I value my life and the feelings of those I care for. Even at my worst I never ever considered suicide because I knew there were others who loved me.

This girl reacted in the worst ways to everything that happened: Drug abuse, alcohol abuse, etc. I can barely follow the thought process between "Mean Facebook comments," and "Drinking bleach."

She had her parents. She moved to different cities. She had all the things she needed to start fresh. Yet, for some reason she kept a Facebook account and contacted someone who presumably knew about her photo problem, resulting in (Admin knows how -_-) a fight.

I know, I know. I'm insensitive, I'm not looking at this from all angles, etc, etc. I've heard this all before. But I'm way too desensitized to look at this girl's suicide and think anything other than, "Another one bites the dust. Meh, bet I'll hear about another in the next two hours." I can't be bothered to try and understand everything about her situation when in the end, it won't matter. She's dead by her own hand and I know there were better ways she could've dealt with her problems.

(God I'm such an asshole)

Thanks for being more or less civil. I may have only just made an account recently, but I've been here long enough to know that this type of conversation usually descends into a cock-measuring, passive-aggressive attack fest. after all, we have one going on, on this very page.

RadioactiveMicrobe

Mar 1, 2009
So this is an example of someone just discovering the phrase "Yolo" (which is a bit ironic) then does whatever she pleases, but then taps out when she has to deal with the consequences. And we're supposed to pity her?

What about the people who were beat up and bullied for no actual reason, and took the suffering with their head held high? Why don't we focus more on them than the failures?

This girl gets no pity from me.

SlamDunc

Aug 17, 2012
I know it is a sad fact but the short of it is that I really dont care. Everyone dies, some of us want to, some dont. It does not effect me at all that this girl died and I am not going to be sad over it. I Would rather spend my time enjoying my own life and hopefully helping those around me enjoy theirs too.

SlamDunc

Aug 17, 2012
carlsberg export said:
In Search of Username said:
chadachada123 said:
White Lightning said:
I don't want to be "that guy" but according to the article she was posting explicit videos and photos of herself online and got upset when some guy shared them with "everyone". Something tells me alot this could of been avoided if she wasn't an attention whore and kept her clothes on.
What I don't understand is how this could be an issue in an age when literally (and I do mean literally) at LEAST 30% of girls in high school have shared something nude or highly sexual with someone else.

Seriously.

I hardly know a single girl in real life from high school personally that didn't share nude pics at some point before graduation, and most of them were at some point at least viewed by someone other than the intended recipient, but never did my high school have bullying problems related to it other than ONE single case by a bunch of jock assholes and a girl that dated one of them.

Shit, I don't know what age my own damn sister was, but she's shared nude pics with her now-ex boyfriend and understood that he'd probably end up showing some of his friends (who, sadly, include most of my friends).

The case here seems a bit of an anomaly, since a huge minority (possibly a majority) of girls under 18 now have done the exact same thing without massive bullying.
Your high school sounds insane. Pretty sure it's not like that everywhere. :p
was like that in my school days, and is the same in everyday life. people LOVE dirty gossip
I am in high school and I know one guy that claims to have slept with a bunch of girls and has some naked pictures of them on his computer. Maybe he got them from their ex BFs but I dont really know. And I am in a pretty well off Canadian Catholic School.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
RadioactiveMicrobe said:
What about the people who were beat up and bullied for no actual reason, and took the suffering with their head held high? Why don't we focus more on them than the failures?
Petty much this. My high school life was shitty to put it mildly but thing did get better and I'm thankful for it. It's worth surviving through the bad times so you can enjoy yourself with what comes after.

Just kinda depressing that this girl just gave up like that.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
I'm really not sure what to say or feel.
I was bullied since the beginning of primary, to the end of high school.
I fought back.
I got bullied for fighting back.
When I didn't fight back, I got bullied again.
So I fought people outside of the school, if shit happened during school, I'd jig class or drink.

I'm not dead. I'm not suicidal.

However, I wouldn't say I'm in a good position psychologically, and many people don't have the means to break windows with people.

Amanda could have made things better for herself, but she didn't.

Life isn't sacred, and Amanda proved that.
However, my sympathies go out to her family, who must be suffering right now.

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
MercurySteam said:
RadioactiveMicrobe said:
Petty much this. My high school life was shitty to put it mildly but thing did get better and I'm thankful for it. It's worth surviving through the bad times so you can enjoy yourself with what comes after.

Just kinda depressing that this girl just gave up like that.
Yeah, I had to put up with some shit too, no choice but to take it. It's real sad that she didn't see things through and lead a better life in the future. :(

SuperBelkar

Jan 20, 2012
BloatedGuppy said:
White Lightning said:
She was what...12 or so at the time? Did you make a lot of intelligent decisions at that age?

If a girl does seek attention, does that mean she merits constant hounding and abuse until she's dead?
Aah, Jesus. I hate to also be a prick, but here we go. First, you're right, one should never bully others to any extent for any reason, BUT, she was actually closer to 15 if I remember correctly, and either way, making a small mistake and getting naked, on camera, something even I knew at a young age was a kiss of death for your junior high/ High-school life, are two totally different things. On that note, what kind of attention was she expecting to get out of this? It seems to me that she wanted positive attention, because she did kill herself when she got the negative.

Yes, I suppose it is sad to see such a reckless waste of life, but her actions signifies that in the end she seemed to have got what she wanted. Too bad those around her have to suffer for it, eh?

SuperBelkar

Jan 20, 2012
matthew_lane said:
Vegosiux said:
matthew_lane said:
Vegosiux said:
"And that is why she had to die" or something?
No, she had to die because she killed herself. Thats kind of a symptom of successfully committing suicide... Death. In fact its the primary symptom.
Care to reply to the rest, especially that question you already failed to answer once, after which I proceeded to request an answer again?
I already did answer it. Your question was "are you actually going to argue she was the only person making any kind of decisions one needs to be accountable for in this entire saga?"

To which the answer is this: It doesn't matter what anyone else did, she can't change what they did, only what she does. Was the guy an arsehole, yes. Did he kill her, no. She killed herself, she flashed the guy, she slept with someone elses boyfriend & she eventually killed herself.

She took the cowards way out, after a short life time of making stupid mistakes. Even when she suffered from the negative feedback from her own actions, she refused to moderate her own actions, constantly going back to make the same mistakes over & over again.

Killing yourself, after blaming everyone else & refusing to acknowledge your own part in events is down right cowardly.
This guy, knows what's up. I was too much of a punk to just come out and say it.

RubyT

Sep 3, 2009
They should make a public service video from this containing the part of her youtube vid where she says (paraphrasing) "That photo of my boobs is out there. I can never get it back!"

This should be the first thing kids learn when they start using the internet. If you put some shit on Facebook or Twitter or whatnot, it's out there and it's impossible to ever get it off.

RubyT

Sep 3, 2009
Spartan Altego said:
(God I'm such an asshole)
No. At most you're politically incorrect. A lot of people think what you say and there's little flaw to be found in your logic, but social convention dictates that matters like this be approached in a politically correct manner.

I agree with everything you said. There are people in this world dying from cruel diseases, starvation, war, crime. Most of them have no choice, death just comes for them.

This girl had a choice, she actually had a few. Yet she consistently took the wrong one. Did she "deserve" to die? Of course not. But does she deserve my pity ...

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Midnight Llamaman said:
Badguy said:
I like how everyone is seemingly assuming that this bully was a adult and not some teenager hoping to see some more with his/her leverage.

Sucks that she killed herself, I'd still consider it a overreaction though.
No-one has assumed it was an adult, and what does it matter what age they were in the first place? It doesn't, being 14 or 44 doesn't change what someone did on purpose to hurt her.
Humanity. Gotta love it.

Yeah, the world is a shit-hole. What else is new.

Its also fascinating how people can rave and moan about shit like this, when you consider the larger human tragedies happening in the world every fucking day. People. They are a mystery.

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009
Wow, this thread is still up (shame on me for posting and keeping it alive).

The problem I see with cyber bullying is this: you can stop using social media and delete your account. If she had done that in the beginning she would have never had seen all those death threats. This seems like another case of parents not being involved with their children's life.

On top of that they felt they where helping her by putting her on antidepressants. Now there are people in this world who have chemical imbalances and need these kind of drugs but instead of fixing the root problem they medicated her up with drugs. Fix the problem, not the symptoms.