Review: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

Return to Pinata Island for more adventures in paper animal husbandry - you'll be glad you did.

Read Full Article

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
shame VIva Pinata was ignored, as frankly it stands out as the best game ive played on the 360 amoung all the major release Clones.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Viva Pinata I found to be quite an annoying game. I could barely build a nice garden or make money to buy more things. The first time a hit an animal it lay dying, making it's dying whimpers for a good half hour before I realised I how to get rid of it. I tried everything, pouring water on it, beating it some more. I felt horrible for letting it live like that for so long.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
PurpleRain post=6.70597.697420 said:
Viva Pinata I found to be quite an annoying game. I could barely build a nice garden or make money to buy more things. The first time a hit an animal it lay dying, making it's dying whimpers for a good half hour before I realised I how to get rid of it. I tried everything, pouring water on it, beating it some more. I felt horrible for letting it live like that for so long.
Wow. Sounds terrifyingly realistic.

"We don't know what to do about this cow. It's doomed, but it just won't die."
"Hit it with a shovel!"

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
ROFL wow, I laughed so hard at PurpleRain's post. Sadly, I've never gotten around to playing Viva Pinata, I just don't have the time anymore to play such an involving game like that(or at least, I assume it is) since I'm full time in college =/ However, I'm going to attempt to make room for Spore and throw out a review for it a week or two after its release. That is...if I have the time.

Also...What happened to Guest Reviews? I thought they were going to be weekly. Apparently I was wrong about that >_<

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
actually its PIÑATA and no piNata... but you cant pronunce the Ñ jejeje and i cant speak in russian life its unfair :(

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
milomalo post=6.70597.698142 said:
actualli its PIÑATA and no piNata... but you cant pronunce the Ñ jejeje and i cant speak in russian life its unfair :(
Russian? You can barely speak in English!

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
meatloaf231 post=6.70597.697430 said:
Wow. Sounds terrifyingly realistic.

"We don't know what to do about this cow. It's doomed, but it just won't die."
"Hit it with a shovel!"
I wept as the poor thing surrended its life away. It just wanted to die but I didn't know how.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Gah, I did enjoy the original, but it seems like the holiday game rush has been sprung on us early this year - there are just too many games being released right now that I want to play to actually be able to play them all. Maybe I'll try borrowing Susan's copy some time :p

Before dousing it with water or beating it with a shovel, I would have tried calling the doctor.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Mr.Pandah post=6.70597.697446 said:
Also...What happened to Guest Reviews? I thought they were going to be weekly. Apparently I was wrong about that >_<
That's still the goal, but we've had a shortage of submissions. Don't worry, we'll get there.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
haha root, I'll beat you to the review submissions! *runs off to type up Mercenaries 2 review*

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I'd strongly urge you to cover a game that we haven't already reviewed. Not saying we won't ever run two reviews on the same game, but obviously we'd prefer as much variety as possible.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
haha yeah i know, i'm gonna dig around in my archive, I read the Mercs 2 review already and its pretty much what I would've written =P

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Virgil post=6.70597.698686 said:
Gah, I did enjoy the original, but it seems like the holiday game rush has been sprung on us early this year - there are just too many games being released right now that I want to play to actually be able to play them all. Maybe I'll try borrowing Susan's copy some time :p

Before dousing it with water or beating it with a shovel, I would have tried calling the doctor.
Well... that's always plan C. It was there so long I even had to build stuff around it. I decided to put a garden surrounding it, but when he finally left, I realised I lost my main centerpiece. (Reloads shovel) I can alway make more!

Dogeman5

Apr 8, 2008
Cousin_IT post=6.70597.697385 said:
shame VIva Pinata was ignored, as frankly it stands out as the best game ive played on the 360 amoung all the major release Clones.
Viva Pinata I found to be quite an annoying game.
Too Much Cognitive Dissonance...
ARGH,
I guess I'll just go with the nice reviewer and pick it up!