Wrath Of The Lich King Dated

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Wrath Of The Lich King Dated

World of Warcraft [http://www.blizzard.com].

Wrath of the Lich King will hit stores in North America, Europe, Mexico, Russia, Argentina and Chile on November 13, followed by Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand on November 14. Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau will get the game on November 18, while a Chinese release date is coming but has yet to be announced.

The expansion is set in the icy land of Northrend and continues the story of the Lich King, Arthas Menethil, whose saga began in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne [http://www.blizzard.com/war3/]. Characters will be able to advance to level 80, gaining even more powerful abilities as they explore all-new zones and dungeons as well as new game features including an achievement system, expanded PvP combat, destructible buildings and the addition of the game's first Hero class, the Necromantic Death Knight.

"We're looking forward to launching Wrath of the Lich King and finally giving World of Warcraft players a chance to take on Arthas and his minions," said Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime. "Until then, we'll continue to refine and playtest the expansion content to make sure it provides a highly polished and entertaining experience."

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King will be available in both a standard release and a Collector's Edition, which will include a 208-page art book, an exclusive baby frost wyrm in-game pet, a soundtrack CD, a behind-the-scenes DVD, a mouse pad featuring a map of Northrend and two Wrath of the Lich King web site [http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wow/en/products/marchofthelegion/default.aspx].

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Well, that's good to know, as a guild leader, it means I can set up our remaining time to try to crack some more stuff from before TBC, knowing that the moment WOTLK hits no-one will even care about Kara any more, never mind Onyxia and AQ and the like.

We're a kinda casual levelling guild on EU Agrammar btw, so we've decided to aim ourselves at clearing the old raids, as a way for our guys to enjoy raiding together without the pressure of Kara and above, as none of our members seem to enjoy the stress. I know that'll sound weird, but there's really a place for people who want to be 70 and yet don't want to just do end game progression all day. ( and I don't mean PVP)

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Ya know, after seeing that opening Cinematic online - I actually became really interested in the game.

Gotta love Blizzard's CG videos.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico post=7.71575.731535 said:
Ya know, after seeing that opening Cinematic online - I actually became really interested in the game.

Gotta love Blizzard's CG videos.
Very true can't wait to see the opening cinematic or is that it? and if so how come we are prepared this time but not last time?

side note: I really need to get to 68.....

Cab00se206

Jul 9, 2008
Do you know what I found so charming about the original WOW? It had gorgeous pre-rendered cinematics for trailers (and even the pre-game sequence) but the reality is nothing like it at all. While I usually do get all hot and bothered by amazing cutscenes, this time it's almost laughable because it's almost a joke. Warhammer Online did this as well, so instead of lithely dodging an enemies attacks or doing awesome deflection moves, you just stand around like a tit hoping that the next time the enemy attacks the characters that float above your head are some combination of either D-O-D-G-E or M-I-S-S.

Christ I hate MMORPGs.

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
Well, the release date is all well and good. Lovely.

Now can we please get rid of the damn commercials that are lagging everything with this crappy MMO?

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Noamuth post=7.71575.732267 said:
Well, the release date is all well and good. Lovely.

Now can we please get rid of the damn commercials that are lagging everything with this crappy MMO?
Couldn't of said it better myself.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Very true can't wait to see the opening cinematic or is that it? and if so how come we are prepared this time but not last time?
For confirmation, this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdYqsWuAGzA] is the opening cinematic for WotLK.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'm kinda gutted that Blizz didn't choose to make the forthcoming movie in house, and just get top rank talent to do the voice acting.

What do you want to see? a fully animated perfectly created Tauren? or no tauren at all because it was too hard to do the makeup and costume effects?

I still hold out a little hope that the movie will be good tho, I just hope its alliance and horde vs the scourge, and not an alliance are great plot. I play both sides, but it's a bit lazy to just concentrate on the pretty, easy to be played by human actors, races.

Also, I guess, it's kinda hard to get a budget for a serious animated movie (except from the world of manga and anime), the only one I can think of was Final Fantasy, and if that's anything to go by, Warcraft the movie will be about a PC technician in the future who likes gardening, I mean where the hell did everything to do with FF go to when they wrote the script for that movie?