AC/DC Rock Band Expansion Detailed

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
AC/DC Rock Band Expansion Detailed

For those about to rock...you'll have to drive to Wal-Mart.

The recent inclusion of AC/DC's "Let There Be Rock" in Rock Band 2 is only a taste of what's to come. Indeed, the mighty goblet of rock will soon spill forth, overflowing with voluminous amplitude. According to the New York Times, later today, MTV will announce [http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/30/arts/music/30acdc.html?scp=1&sq=ac/dc&st=cse] an exclusive deal with Wal-Mart to release the upcoming AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack for Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, and Wii. The Rock Band expansion dovetails with a larger partnership between the chain store and the seminal rock band to promote the group's upcoming Black Ice album - also a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Inking a deal with Wal-Mart is like signing on the dotted line with Satan, but that never seemed to be much of a problem for the aging yet sonically potent hard rockers. How else would they still be pumping out the deafening anthems, after more than three decades of bringing the noise?

"They rock hard, and that still works for our audience," said Van Toffler, president of MTV Networks' Music. "It comes down to getting really great marketing, because Wal-Mart is so meaningful in terms of sales if they get behind something."

As meaningful as a giant, all-consuming corporate chain store juggernaut can be. Containing 18 songs from the band's DVD AC/DC Live at Donnington, the track pack will ship in November with a price tag of around $30. Soon enough, you too will be able to reenact the video for "Thunderstruck" from the relative safety and comfort of your living room. Though a little brief, the full track-list [http://soundcheck.walmart.com/acdc/#/game] is scorching hot.

1. Thunderstruck
2. Shoot to Thrill
3. Back in Black
4. Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
5. Heatseeker
6. Fire Your Guns
7. Jailbreak
8. The Jack
9. Dirty Deeds Done Dirty Cheap
10. Moneytalks
11. Hells Bells
12. High Voltage
13. Whole Lotta Rosie
14. You Shook Me All Night Long
15. T.N.T.
16. Let There Be Rock
17. Highway To Hell
18. For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
How annoying, America gets ACDC and Australia doesn't even get Rockband. It ain't fair.

Good songs though.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
$30 for 18 songs is what I'd expect to pay for a DLC album. For me to go all the way to Walmart and buy a CD, I'll need some pretty compelling extras, especially since I'd be paying more than $2 for every good song.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
I still wouldn't pay $30 for 18 songs, that's completely ridiculous, I mean I understand that not only do they want to make money and have to pay royalties for using the songs, but come on here, that is beyond stupid.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I wouldn't pay for ACDC songs period. I can't stand their music. Same with the GH: Aerosmith.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
Aerosmith and AC/DC are great and I am happy to see them get recognition

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
Man, this is a toss-up. Rock Band versions of arguably the best AC/DC concert EVAR... but you have to pay Wal-mart for the priveledge. Not an easy choice.

Ruffythepirate

Apr 15, 2008
Wal-mart exclusive huh? What does that mean for us people living in non wal-mart countries? I really hope this will also come as xbox-live downloadable content.