Cheap Car Insurance For Gamers?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Cheap Car Insurance For Gamers?

Insurance giant Allstate [http://www.allstate.com/] has launched a program to discover whether videogamers make better drivers and should be eligible for a "button-masher discount."

Of course, it's a little more complicated than just getting a better rate because you spend a few hours with CNN [http://www.halo3.com] says 100,000 Allstate customers in Pennsylvania, aged 50-75, will be offered the games, and as their playtime is tracked by the developer, their accident rates will be analyzed and compared to people who did not play the games.

The games aren't actually driving-related; they're designed to help reverse "age-related cognitive decline," part of a genre more commonly known as brain trainers. One, called Jewel Diver, requires players to keep track of underwater jewels that are hidden under fish, a Three Card Monte style of game that becomes more complicated as the game progresses and more fish appear on the screen. Unlike most brain training software, however, the InSight software is designed to actually reverse age-related decline and also greatly improve visual alertness.

Tom Warden of Allstate said that people in their 50s and 60s have the lowest accident rates of all drivers, but that rates begin to climb once people hit their mid-60s. He added that he hopes this program can show "significant benefits here - beyond dollars and cents." InSight is currently only available in Pennsylvania, but the company will decide next year whether to introduce it to other states, and if it proves successful Allstate says it hopes to begin offering discounts to drivers who use the software to improve their "mental sharpness."

DarkHyth

Apr 10, 2008
Only for 50-75 year olds? Topic title misled me. I thought I could get cheaper car insurance because my constant gaming has improved my reaction times and hand-eye co-ordination to superhuman levels.... obviously not.

Toasty

Aug 18, 2008
what he said.
Only for 50-75 year olds? Topic title misled me.
I thought I could get cheaper car insurance because my constant gaming has improved my reaction times and hand-eye co-ordination to superhuman levels.... obviously not.

Feb 13, 2008
/Mock_the_week

"Are you paying too much for your car insurance?"

Love the Carmageddon picture though.

I just want to see the 50-75 on Mario-Kart, some of them can make sailors blush if a blue shell was to come their way.

dansreply

Oct 15, 2008
if this is the case and it's all about discount then auto auctions [http://www.gov-auctions.org/] industry is offering good discount on buying cars!

simon2341

Mar 7, 2009
Insurance is very important for every vehicles as they will safe for those vehicles. If any damage occurred due to accident or loss of them. we can claim insurance as it is very helpful. So I suggest people not to neglect making insurance to vehicles.
_________
Simon

Great Auto Insurance [http://www.greatautoinsurance.com]

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Just passed my driving test and was hoping that this thread would tell me where to get dirt cheap insurance.

But NO.
Apparently, my constant use of red shells on Mario Kart, high scores for Burnout crashes, the people I have crushed with vehicles online and high speed Wipeout crashes somehow doesn't prove that I am a safe driver.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
This is bullshit. What is the main demographic that get hit for insurance? Male 18-25 year olds. What is the main demographic of gamers? Male 13-30 year olds. IT MAKES SENSE GODS DAMMIT!

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Firstly Carmageddon, woo!

On a slightly less stupid note, surely they should offer great deals to WOW players as we generally don't leave the house, therefore can't be having so many car accidents.