Mirror's Edge Remix Album Coming In November

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mirror's Edge Remix Album Coming In November

The Mirror's Edge [http://www.mirrorsedge.com/] remix album is scheduled for worldwide digital release on November 11, but I'm listening to it right now. HA!

Lisa Miskovsky [http://www.ea.com], along with five remixes of the song by artists Benny Benassi, Paul van Dyk, Junkie XL, Teddybears and Armand Van Helden.

"A groundbreaking videogame demands an equally provocative theme song," said EA Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing Steve Schnur. "We've taken an unprecedented approach to this track, bringing together several of the world's top remixers to create an album that will not only cross genres and borders, but also redefine how great new music can be delivered to the world."

It's really too bad that none of you are going to hear this for another month, because some of it is quite good. Written and produced by Rami Yacoub and Arnthor Birgisson, who have previously worked with artists including Britney Spears and Pink, Lisa Miskovsky's original theme is a powerful, radio-ready track that goes far beyond normal expectations for videogame music. The remixes, as you might expect, are somewhat less compelling, but for the most part are still quite listenable. At least, they are for me; you, on the other hand, are going to have to wait. Tough luck, suckers!

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Meh, this seriously just seems like a OCRemix knock-off, TBH. I know, talk about potential cash-in oppor-

Teddybears
What was I saying? This is the best album ever? Yeah, that was it.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I hate to say it, but the Teddybears remix is one of the less-impressive tracks in my ever-so-humble estimation. I quite like the Benny Benassi mix, though.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Teddybears makes very strange music though. It varies a lot. I mean, look at 'Punkrocker' and then compare it to 'Automatic Lover'. I only really singled them out because I haven't heard anything from them in years. Benassi eh? Sounds pretty good.