Xbox Live Boss Says The 360 Can "Definitely" Handle MGS4

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Xbox Live Boss Says The 360 Can "Definitely" Handle MGS4

File this one under "no great surprise:" Xbox 360 [http://www.microsoft.com], and claims the system would have no problem handling the game.

The "MGS4-to-360" saga has been filled with rumors, doubt, denials and fanboy rage, brought to a new boil yesterday by the news that declared [http://www.konami.com/] a month later than an Xbox 360 version of the game "is probably not possible."

But Schappert, Microsoft's Vice President of MCV [http://www.xbox.com/live]. "It would be wonderful to play Metal Gear Solid on the Xbox. It could become another of the many franchises that started their life on another console that are now coming our way."

"I can't speak on behalf of Konami, but I can shed more light on the fact that we definitely have the power to run MGS4," he continued. "There are a lot of recent examples that are in true high-def on our platform and aren't on PS3. We've got an amazing amount of horsepower and graphics power."

JuniorMartin

Jul 21, 2008
Why can't we drop the subject this is getting old real fast people, MGS 4 to 360 or not doesn't change the fact that if you want to play MGS 4 NOW you'll need to get a ps3.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
JuniorMartin post=7.74211.825549 said:
Why can't we drop the subject this is getting old real fast people, MGS 4 to 360 or not doesn't change the fact that if you want to play MGS 4 NOW you'll need to get a ps3.
I have never looked into Metal Gear Solid, but if it came out on the 360, I would be forced to do so. True, I can't play it on my 360 NOW, but if there is a chance of that changing, LATER, I find that worth my interest.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
We still cant deny the fact it filled the blu-ray and they'd still have to get round that. Non of that said anything about fitting the bloody thing on a disc. Maybe the 360 has the power to play it, with adjustments whose to argue that, fair enough, good day and what not. This seems to just be stating an obvious point, until they find a solution to make 50Gb become 8.7Gb its not worth my interest.

Bling Cat

Jan 13, 2008
NezumiiroKitsune post=7.74211.825602 said:
We still cant deny the fact it filled the blu-ray and they'd still have to get round that. Non of that said anything about fitting the bloody thing on a disc. Maybe the 360 has the power to play it, with adjustments whose to argue that, fair enough, good day and what not. This seems to just be stating an obvious point, until they find a solution to make 50Gb become 8.7Gb its not worth my interest.
Most of that is uncompressed audio and video. Just compress it, it will fit on two, maybe even one disk.

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
Melaisis post=7.74211.825597 said:
Seems the 360 is able to put in a solid performance.
Bravo, that's a good one.

That's probably going to be the only way I'll play MGS4, I have no desire to fork over all that money to play the one game I'm interested in on the PS3.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Sounds like another Sony and MS slapfight to me.

The 360 couldn't even handle Mass Effect so I'm just going to brush this off and move on with my life.

death13245

Jun 21, 2008
Why can't they leave Kojima alone! >.<

Jesus if he says he only wants it on PS3 why can't they leave him alone?

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
death13245 post=7.74211.825693 said:
Why can't they leave Kojima alone! >.<

Jesus if he says he only wants it on PS3 why can't they leave him alone?
Like I said i posted in another thread about this earlier today:

"It's not happening, Kojima has said it, half the development team has said it, the only ones saying it might is Konami and the Pandoring Xbox media."

Vampire_Hermes

Oct 16, 2008
Personally, I haven't seen any evidence of the PS3 being much more powerful than the 360. It's probably possible with some compression and maybe a little graphical loss. Frankly, few commenters on here can really know until they see it done.

Personally, Metal Gear Solid never really hit my radar, so if in a few years I see it in a bargain bin for the 360, then I might consider it. Otherwise, I'll just watch the fanboys whine about it.

silentsentinel

Mar 16, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico post=7.74211.825641 said:
Sounds like another Sony and MS slapfight to me.

The 360 couldn't even handle Mass Effect so I'm just going to brush this off and move on with my life.
Eh? Couldn't handle Mass Effect?

Could you explain, por favor?

death13245

Jun 21, 2008
Oh thank you Syphonz for clearing my mind of doubt. I mean I don't see the reason why it should be ported? yea lots of people get to play it but people should leave things to what they were...Microsoft should leave other people's exclusives alone and buying everyone out...and while they do that they could re-release the 360 so it doesn't have any problems and only 2% of Xbox360s would crash----wait sod that they won't stop =.=

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Malygris post=7.74211.825431 said:
"I can't speak on behalf of Konami, but I can shed more light on the fact that we definitely have the power to run MGS4," he continued. "There are a lot of recent examples that are in true high-def on our platform and aren't on PS3. We've got an amazing amount of horsepower and graphics power."
If that's true, they why do you even need MGS4 on the 360 to begin with if you already have those "examples"? If you have those games, then why would you need another one of those? One measly game that isn't on your console isn't going to hurt now is it? I understand that it's business, but you're rich enough as it is and one game isn't going to make that much of a difference if you allegedly already have these types of games.

I don't care if this sounds fanboyish or if it's sounds like I'm pleading, but seriously MS, just fuck off and let Sony have it's bottle.

However, with that said, I will not be surprised if MGS4 comes to 360 as Konami can do whateverthefuck they want with the game, unfortunately, even if Kojima wouldn't prefer it.

EDIT: What Syphon said is pretty much perfect, Kojima himself has said it's not going to the 360 more or less, only that it "might be possible" or some variation of that wording. That does not mean that there's a chance, just because God of War on PSP could be possible on DS doesn't mean it will be (just an example)

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Amnestic post=7.74211.825771 said:
but you're rich enough as it is
Amnestic's 2nd Rule of Business: You can never be rich enough.
(My first rule is hire a hot secretary)
Heh, I knew someone would call that out, but still MGS4 wouldn't make much of a difference if they already have those games that "show the power of the 360" or something.

death13245

Jun 21, 2008
Jumplion post=7.74211.825762 said:
Malygris post=7.74211.825431 said:
If that's true, they why do you even need MGS4 on the 360 to begin with if you already have those "examples"? If you have those games, then why would you need another one of those? One measly game that isn't on your console isn't going to hurt now is it? I understand that it's business, but you're rich enough as it is and one game isn't going to make that much of a difference if you allegedly already have these types of games.

I don't care if this sounds fanboyish or if it's sounds like I'm pleading, but seriously MS, just fuck off and let Sony have it's bottle.

However, with that said, I will not be surprised if MGS4 comes to 360 as Konami can do whateverthefuck they want with the game, unfortunately, even if Kojima wouldn't prefer it.

EDIT: What Syphon said is pretty much perfect, Kojima himself has said it's not going to the 360 more or less, only that it "might be possible" or some variation of that wording. That does not mean that there's a chance, just because God of War on PSP could be possible on DS doesn't mean it will be (just an example)
Thank you both of you! I swear only you and a few others can put everyone's post in one...*bows down to the god like all-knowing posters*

Moral of the topic: Don't listen to rumours...listen to what the MAKERS OF THE GAME say and if they say no...I don't think they will chance their mind.