Beatles Music Game Unveiled

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Beatles Music Game Unveiled

The Beatles [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps], the first time in history that the band's music will be available in an interactive medium.

Despite the tremendous popularity of the music game genre, the project marks The Beatles' first foray in the world of videogames. The "unprecedented, experiential progression through and celebration of the music and artistry of The Beatles" is being developed by Harmonix, the company behind the hugely successful Love [http://www.guitarhero.com/], will be the game's Music Producer.

Ringo Starr, the band's drummer, said, "It gives me great pleasure to be part of The Beatles/Apple and Harmonix/Rock Band partnership. The Beatles continue to evolve with the passing of time and how wonderful that The Beatles' legacy will find its natural progression into the 21st century through the computerized world we live in. Let the games commence."

"The project is a fun idea which broadens the appeal of The Beatles and their music," added Sir Paul. "I like people having the opportunity to get to know the music from the inside out."

"Introducing the genius of The Beatles to a whole new generation of music lovers through original and inspired ways is extremely exciting to us at Apple Corps," said Jeff Jones, CEO of Apple Corps, the company formed by the band in 1968 to handle its business interests. "We are truly pleased to be working with the innovative forces at MTV and Harmonix as they embody our mutual passions for music and creativity."

Few details were released, although Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos said the game would be a stand-alone title rather than a Rock Band expansion. "We are giving legions of fans and music lovers all over the world a profound, new way to experience The Beatles," he said. "This game will be a celebration of The Beatles' undeniable legacy." The as-yet-unnamed project is currently targeted for release in late 2009.

johnhummel

Sep 25, 2007
Even if its not an official "rock band" game, I hope that:

1. It's compatible with the Rock Band instruments,
2. That if you already own Rock Band, you can just buy up the game at a discounted price.

Edit: Sorry, I was distracted by #2. I meant to write "That you can just buy up the music tracks online." I just want the songs at this point.

Now, it would be interesting if they took a "Guitar Hero Aerosmith" view - where you go through the history of the Beatles, find old film clips explaining what was going on, and then you play their songs.

johnhummel

Sep 25, 2007
L.B. Jeffries said:
Where can I find the track list?
Doesn't look like its out yet - they only barely announced the product.

I figure we'll see the tracklist sometime early 2009.

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
Where can I find the track list?
I suppose anything from this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Beatles_songs
and possibly ones the individual members did seperatly

Jackpot

Mar 21, 2008
Ringo Starr had this to say "I like money, you like money."

And Paul McCartney claimed "I can't wait to reap profits from my dead friends all over again!"

Yoko Ono adds "I like the money I get by exploiting my ex husband's image."

This is a crock. and it is full of shit. why not do a beach boys release too?

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
A Beatles game has been announced and no-one told me?

I'm gonna buy a copy even if it just turns out to be a glorified CD,

This news makes me very happy.

Maet

The Altoid Duke
Jul 31, 2008
I'll buy it, if only for a new batch of songs. Basically, the same reason I bought GH: Aerosmith.

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
Utterly devastating.

I absolutely adore their music, but I have a feeling this game will do nothing but make a mockery of them.

Of course, I could be wrong....

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
*Looks at Iron Maiden's Ed hunter.*
Oh god not again. If that game is anything to go by the only good thing about it will be the music.

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
Spartan Bannana said:
Normally, I'm not a doom-sayer, but this...they will ruin a cultural icon
Nothing can ruin the Beatles, if this goes all wrong then we can all still blame everything on yoko.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
TheGhostOfSin said:
Spartan Bannana said:
Nothing can ruin the Beatles, if this goes all wrong then we can all still blame everything on yoko.
Is there a situation that even exists where we can't blame Yoko?

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Johnn Johnston said:
TheGhostOfSin said:
Spartan Bannana said:
Is there a situation that even exists where we can't blame Yoko?
The Economy and the Election. Thats about it.