Stolen Pixels #34: Total Rewind

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008

The Prince of Persia has a fool-proof plan to fix everything...what could possibly go wrong?

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Shamus Young said:

The Prince of Persia has a fool-proof plan to fix everything...what could possibly go wrong?

Read Full Article
Ha ha...nice. I like those games, but only by not thinking too hard about what's going on. That, and I tell myself now it was all just prep so Ubisoft could come out with Assassin's Creed.

This is why you never play with Time-Sand, children. Food for thought.

Sand for thought, I guess.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Wow, old school, I like it. And a non MMO?! Whatever next?!
Good one though Shaums, keep up the good work.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
TheBluesader said:
Shamus Young said:

Read Full Article
Ha ha...nice. I like those games, but only by not thinking too hard about what's going on. That, and I tell myself now it was all just prep so Ubisoft could come out with Assassin's Creed.

This is why you never play with Time-Sand, children. Food for thought.

Sand for thought, I guess.
Sandwich for thought maybe?

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Fire Daemon said:
Sandwich for thought maybe?
No maybe about it, good sir.

Ham makes the finest sandwich of the mind. Ham, or an MLT.

Mutton, lettuce and tomato. When the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomato's ripe. They're so perky. I love that.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
I approve. Sands of Time is great for this kind of comics because the Prince is always second-guessing himself, and Farah makes nothing but snide comments for most of the game. The game is much more immersive because the character and the player share this sense that they have a firm grasp of themselves, but there could still be something insurmountable around the next corner.

DaveMc

Jul 29, 2008
It's not often that I literally laugh out loud at a comic, but I did so just now. (I mean, at this comic, not at some other comic that I mysteriously chose to comment on here.)

Also: mental whiplash from the flashback to the original Prince of Persia! What a great game that was.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
DaveMc said:
It's not often that I literally laugh out loud at a comic, but I did so just now. (I mean, at this comic, not at some other comic that I mysteriously chose to comment on here.)

Also: mental whiplash from the flashback to the original Prince of Persia! What a great game that was.
I agree. Although, as I was reminded when making this comic, that game was seriously HARD. I actually think Jordan Mechner was trying to kill me.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
He'll have decades to think about messing with the sands of time. Unfortunately, he'll forget that after his next sandwich.

V3KT0R

Oct 28, 2009
Hahaha. Oh my god. Sands of Time is one of my favorite games, and I couldn't think of how it could be made fun of. Now I saw, and I love it. Your comics are amazing, your ideas unrivaled, your logic undeniable.