Stolen Pixels #35: Total Rewind 2

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #35: Total Rewind 2

The poor Prince of Persia rewound time too much and ended up as a pixel face. Things couldn't possibly get any worse, right?

DaveMc

Jul 29, 2008
"Your bones shatter as you strike the cold stone floor . . . "

As I recall, my most common mode of death in that game was more along the lines of: "Your body is intercepted, inches from the floor, by a forest of spikes. They bear your corpse aloft, a grisly warning for all who may pass this way."

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Just rewind your suici... Oh wait, you're in a new game, pwn3d. I love this little comic strips, small and not that much text to bore me!

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
Adventure! That Shamus is why you are the king! I can't tell you how many hours I spent in that game killing dragons...er...touching squiggly duck lookin guys with an arrow. That was big fun in 1978....We're both really old.

Mistwraithe

Mar 23, 2008
Clever... very clever. I like the nostalgia though I question how many other viewers there are old enough to have experienced the wonder that was/is Adventure?

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Mistwraithe said:
Clever... very clever. I like the nostalgia though I question how many other viewers there are old enough to have experienced the wonder that was/is Adventure?
I was wondering the same thing. Given the small number of responses, my guess is "not many".

Dang kids!

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
Us dang kids have been lectured by enough crotchety old fogies to get the joke - even though it inevitably lacks the immediacy of a Half-Life gag, for instance.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
According to Wikipedia, yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Adventure

Man, the hours I lost on that game.

Caedrel

Nov 15, 2008
There was an Easter Egg in Adventure?!? MAAAAANNNN!

Never did like the randomised adventures. I have now learned something I never knew before...

trlkly

Jan 24, 2008
It was only random if you had it on the 3 setting, (according to Wikipedia. I sadly never owned this game. But I still have my Atari!)

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Holy god, I feel terrible for remembering both games and having completed neither.

I still have my 2600 downstairs, too.

Hilarious comic, by the way. :)

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
It was not an Easter Egg! It was a duck egg!

Long live the classics!

Tarrker

Jun 18, 2008
I remember playing the hell out of Adventure. I think plenty of other people played it too, they're just not the same people that would be on The Escapist web site :p