Stolen Pixels #71: PS3 Exclusive Interview

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #71: PS3 Exclusive Interview

A freak stapler accident is keeping Shamus AFK for a bit, so Travis Taylor from Gamepunx is filling in with his thoughts on the PS3.

Read Full Article

KamikazeSailor

Jun 10, 2008
Lol, Travis Taylor is single-handedly bringing the fall of Shamus Young as the Playstation Fanboys unite to burn his effigy and blame him for the handling of his comic strip.

Did Shamus wrong you in some way? Owe you money from last night's strip poker?

I'm sayin', I thought it was funny... but I have a feeling some people won't.

scarbunny

Beware of geeks bearing gifs.
Aug 11, 2008
Sums it up nicely I think, oh well I'm sure the PS4 will be a roaring success. I guess there is one bonus to the PS3 not selling as many units as any other console, they havnt lost as much money as if it had been a success.

\runs and hides

Factoid

Feb 7, 2009
Seven posts and still no Sony Defense Force?

Relax kiddies, I'm sure the comic excoriating the 360 will be coming shortly and then the XBots will have their turn.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Heh, excellent! I had to think this too when I heard about this story.
SomeBritishDude said:
Oh god, I can hear Indigo coming from a mile away. Everyone retreat!
Indeed - I already have a coffee waiting for him.
Factoid said:
Seven posts and still no Sony Defense Force?

Relax kiddies, I'm sure the comic excoriating the 360 will be coming shortly and then the XBots will have their turn.
No doubt! I wonder if he'll do one about PC's? Hmm, I'd have to set fire to Shamus then ;)

Xyllar

Dec 19, 2008
"Civilized people were streaming their videos these days." This made me laugh. I've never understood the widespread need people have to spend big bucks for high definition. I have a difficult time bringing myself to even spend bandwidth on high definition. I guess I'm just cheap when it comes to video quality.

Strangeite

Jul 12, 2008
Great comic; however, I must take umbrage that you called Wild Turkey a whiskey. It is a Bourbon. While unenlightened fools would say that Bourbon is a type of whiskey, truely knowledgeable individuals recognize that Bourbon is the true elixir of the Gods.

forkcity

Sep 12, 2008
Strangeite said:
Great comic; however, I must take umbrage that you called Wild Turkey a whiskey. It is a Bourbon. While unenlightened fools would say that Bourbon is a type of whiskey, truely knowledgeable individuals recognize that Bourbon is the true elixir of the Gods.
Nope. Bourbon is a type of Whiskey. Wikipedia says it, so it must be true.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Aside from the PS3 being nothing like "the most expensive console in history", that's pretty funny.

Judas-

Oct 29, 2008
We expect them to attack, so they don't. They're messing with our mental minds man, reversing our psychologies.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Break said:
Aside from the PS3 being nothing like "the most expensive console in history", that's pretty funny.
Yeah, Nintendo regretted those gold plated NES's in the end ;) Only kidding - to be honest, you're probably right and there have been more expensive consoles in real terms (i.e. accounting for inflation).

Judas- said:
We expect them to attack, so they don't. They're messing with our mental minds man, reversing our psychologies.
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, WARGHHHHHH! *sets fire to the jungle*

Strangeite

Jul 12, 2008
forkcity said:
Strangeite said:
Nope. Bourbon is a type of Whiskey. Wikipedia says it, so it must be true.
You sir are obviously a Yankee carpet bagger with no first hand knowledge of the belly warming qualities of a high quality Bourbon.

The entry in Wikipedia is an obvious conspiracy perpetrated by the Illuminati to deceive the masses into buying the inferior swill known as Jack Daniels.

Blasphemy!

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
Doug said:
Judas- said:
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, WARGHHHHHH! *sets fire to the jungle*
'In Far cry 2 beta you would have killed the final boss in about 2 hours... just saying. Hey did you guys know that tangent graphs end off in asymptotes? Incidentally, cotangent = 1 / tangent.

I loved the comic, it was funny =P

DaveMc

Jul 29, 2008
Someone (I think on the late Game Theory podcast, so it may have been Gary Whitta or Colin Campbell) once pointed out an amusing fact about the PS3 vs. the iPhone in terms of marketing and media-wrangling: they were both introduced at a price point of US$600, but the press headlines after their announcements couldn't have been more different:

REALLY COOL NEW PHONE COMING FROM APPLE

vs.

HOLY F**K, $600 FOR A CONSOLE?!