Body Found Near Barrie May Be Missing Gamer - UPDATED

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Body Found Near Barrie May Be Missing Gamer - UPDATED

The following an argument [http://www.police.barrie.on.ca/] over his "excessive" gaming.

The body is that of a teenage male, according to police Sergeant Dave Goodbrand. The identity has not yet been confirmed, but according to a CBC [http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/11/05/crisp-body.html] report it was found in the area police had been focusing search efforts on since the boy's disappearance. An autopsy will be performed to determine whether the body is in fact that of Brandon Crisp.

"At this point we believe it to be Brandon, and we're still obviously in the early stages of our investigation," Goodbrand told Call of Duty 4 [http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081105/crisp_body_081105/20081105?hub=Toronto].

We'll continue to monitor the story and post updates as they become available.

UPDATE: An autopsy has confirmed that the body discovered by hunters is in fact that of Brandon Crisp. The final results of the autopsy are not yet known, but police are continuing to say that foul play is not suspected. The staff of The Escapist extend its deepest condolences to Brandon's family.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
That's the news that no-one wants to read.

Let's hope the media at large give the family plenty of space.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
The problem with an "obsession" is that sometimes the damn thing is a clinical problem and just "taking it away" only aggrivates the issue, causing said person to do something extremely stupid, case and point, running away.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Dam, I remember just dismissing this story when I saw it a few months ago.

I hate it when this kind of stuff happens.

Nov 28, 2007
It sucks, man. Whatever you think of the parents, no one should have to plan the funeral of their child. Especially one this young.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Yes this is terrible. I regret what I said in the other threads before this. I still stick to my one point in that the media is just gonna get all up on video games now.

JakubK666

Jan 1, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
The problem with an "obsession" is that sometimes the damn thing is a clinical problem and just "taking it away" only aggrivates the issue, causing said person to do something extremely stupid, case and point, running away.
But can you honestly get "obsessed" with CoD4? To me it seems like he simply left to "show 'em" and then the plan failed along the way.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
That's why I think it was a CLINICAL obsession rather than a "normal" one, maybe he was obsessed because he had an undiagnosed mental illness.

.Ricks.

Sep 10, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Dam, I remember just dismissing this story when I saw it a few months ago.

I hate it when this kind of stuff happens.
Yeah I saw the exact same thread here in the escapist =/ though I didn't reply I thought it was just a childish tantrum... guess I was wrong.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Nimbus said:
SirSchmoopy said:
Darwin wins again.
Huh?

I really have no idea what you are trying to say here...
I think he's saying that the kid died because he had disadvantageous genes and would not have survived to reproduce anyway.

Basically he's saying the kid deserved it.